Science Forums

Starting a company in the United States...

matrixscarface

Ok, i need some help here...

Does anyone know the proper way to begin a corporation in the united states.. i am very interested in doing so, more specifically an energy company specializing in hydrogen. i don't know how to begin one. and i was also wondering if it is possible to do it right after high school, immediately after graduation.

:hihi:

Originally Posted by matrixscarface

Ok, i need some help here...

Does anyone know the proper way to begin a corporation in the united states.. i am very interested in doing so, more specifically an energy company specializing in hydrogen. i don't know how to begin one. and i was also wondering if it is possible to do it right after high school, immediately after graduation.

Sounds great Matrix. :hihi:

My brothers and I own numberous co.'s and although it can be difficult, it's absolutely been worth it.

The first thing I would do is put your ideas on paper.

You will need to determine the basic legal structure of the business.

How many employee's will you need? What are your projected operation costs? Do you need Media and advertisement? Building or office space needed. Do you need financial backers? Can you qualify for a busines loan, if so, how much do you need? etc. etc. etc.

The banks will require this, as will some state and federal agencys.

Then, if you haven't already, you will need to choose a name for your Corp. and make a thorough search of resources to make sure the name isn't being used. (we had this happen, and it was a pain in the *** to reapply and redo all marketing areas)

You will have to apply for an license and properly record the business name whether it be an Sole Proprietorship, Corp. or LLC, etc. and fill out and file your articles of organization. Each state usually differs on the prices and forms specific to it's requirements.

The next thing you will need to do is obtain your Federal and State Tax Identification Numbers, followed by obtaining the federal and state employer requirements.

The most important thing for us to do was plan and do research...we looked at every angle, every scenerio, every competitor.

Our motto, Always hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

The last thing I would suggest is perhaps reading up on as much as you can and make some calls to your state and federal agencys.

Best of luck in your endeavor Matrix!