Science Forums

Matter/Anti matter

I'm not well versed in the sciences, but I do like to think I know a little. This can be a dangerous thing, because usualy I find I'm way off target. Anyway, the grey cells have been putting in a little overtime and as a reult, here is a question.

Very shortly after T=0 the universe condensed from pure energy to particles of Matter/Anti matter, with slightly more matter than anti matter. These particles then anihalated each other, leaving the matter of which the known universe is composed.

Because matter cannot be created or destroyed, the resultant anihalation must have resulted in energy. Would this energy then condense into matter/anti matter particles, again causing anihalation, on a slightly smaller scale that the previous anihalation. If this is a possiblity, how long would it have gone on for? Could this account for the Secondary Expansion of the embrionic universe?

Thank you Harry. Very interesting reading, I'm sure Sir Fred would have approved.

They are, however only theories, just like the Big Bang theory, and it is for each person to make his/her own decision as to which theory to adhere to.

Myself, well, I happen to like B.B. I may be wrong, but, what do I know anyway? :eek: