Science Forums

Great mountains

trapit

Mountains have a large effect upon climate and consequently the environment as a whole. This effect is two fold:

a) As we move up the mountain (or range) it is equivalent to moving towards the poles at sea level. We go through a sequence of climatic zones, with their associated flora and fauna.

:xparty: They can deflect or modify atmospheric cirulating patterns. I believe, for example, the monsoons that effect the Indian sub-continent and parts of South East Asia are largely a result of the presence of the Himalaya.

Clearly then, removing mountains will have a dramatic effect upon the local, regional, and even global ecology.

well,I understand that the effect of mountains on climate of a large region is significant.But one more thing that came into my mind was this :Mountains are exactly huge solid mass,and hence it is a heavy weight concentrated over a small area.When these are being flattened the weight distribution of the planet is very much disturbed.What will be the effect of this disturbance??

a little thing i like to call Demrabelencia.

it is undetectable, unfathomable balance.

balace that occurs in such weird patterns that it is impossible for a human to identify the balance of such demrabelencia.

And this is of absolutely no help to you

because this is just what i believe

and im sharing it with you

As if you cared.

"sweep me up"

my best guess is this:

ok so rip out your lungs

invert them

and you will see 2 Trees

mountains are inverted oceans

much water involved here

in the ocean, water takes up the volume of what seems to be the ocean

now, on a mountain, the water is on the outside

AND on the inside

flowing thru in and out of iself

and the organisms that are mostly water

roaming the flatlands

the outskirts

of this inverted ocean

seems to me that more mountains equal more rain

more water

MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!

MORE FUN MAN!!

have you ever ran around in the middle of the forest on the top of a mountain!?!??!? THERES NOTHING FUNNER and thats not even a word