Science Forums

Energy from Brownian Motion

Martin Modena

Hello to everybody (I'm new)(Excuse me for my English but I'm Italian)

Can someone help me in this doubt ?

I know that perpetual motion of secod kind is considerated impossible.

So I would like to know why what are descripted under doesn't work.

I've a small permanent magnet that can remain in suspension on the water, this magnet for the movement of the molecules it will suffer a motion of brownian type.

If we approach a winding L1 to the permanent magnet on the winding there is a Electromotive Force caused by the movement of the magnet M.

Connecting a resistance to the heads of L1 in the resistance there will be a current with casual way that will heat the resistance while M will be braked.

Then we have heated R and cooled the water without work.

R is heated for the motion of M.

The difference of temperature will be very little but …. exists(????)!!! …

We could , for example, insert a diode in the circuit … so we could use the current ..

With a billion of billion of billion of this item may be we can obtain a perpetual battery of 1,5V ?

Thanks a lot

Martin

heay martin: That's not perpaetual motion, more like a tidal-generator.

The power generated (however small) does come from 'somewhere'; most likely the inertia of The Earth itself, and the gravity well of the moon. Harnessing this energy follows the laws of thermodynamics, you'll find some more powerful versions of the design via a google of tidal generator. This isn't 'perpetual' because it'll stop working once the system it draws it's power from (The Earth, The Moon) runs out of inertia for it to siphon off.

I hope that helps you, but heay why not swing by the Introductions forum, and say hello to all the membership?