Science Forums

Children should be allowed to have their own bank account.

Bio-Hazard

Pertaining to North America: U.S.A.

Yes, this is a law I believe should be enforced.

Currently, parents and children can only have a savings account by joint partnership.

Parents should not have any legal right over their childrens money when it is being stored. Unless of course the money originally belonged to the parent and the parent has proof. There should be no joint partnership.

I've heard many stories from people of their alcoholic/druggie/stupid-insane parents taking money out of their account for their car/education/clothes/resources/etc. only to have it drained and spent by their parents on some idiotic thing.

Luckily my parents have never done this to me, however, I find that it's wrong that many parents do this to their children.

Children have the ability to work and earn money at age 16, they also have the ability to get signed permission to live on their own at 16.

Why can't they have their own bank account at 16?

I find it immoral for parents to have free access to thier childrens saved money.

I assume the reason things stay this way in America is because economics want people to SPEND SPEND SPEND!!

Yet, some people rather save their cash for a pile upon pile eventually becomes a mountain.

Of course there is the idea that children shouldn't have a checking account. I assume there should be guidelines to protect children from screwing themselves over. Also, there should always be a lock on a certain amount of cash so the children will have a withdrawing fee.

However, banks are evil and they make their cash off of fees. They seem to have no respect for people even after what happened in the 1930s.

I think children should be allowed to have a bank account of their own, due to the fact that they make their own money, and they have the right to save their own money while having it protected.

Typically i'm an Anarcho-Communist, but I just think that people should have the right to collect resources without intervention of the stupid.

it's too bad that the law also says that if you are under the age of 18, every single possesion of yours does not belong to you at all. ALLLL of your stuff, you money, your cloths, your room, your computer, your car, etc.. everything actually belongs to your parents, until you turn 18 or get emancipated...

GO USA!:eek2: