Science Forums

Dna Altering

Merek

Amen, brothers. My wife and I caught pneumonia. She was insured and went to her preferred physician (see above comments concerning money) and I went to the local urgent care center. We were both told that we had a virus, after a quick throat swab, and it should pass in a week.

That was $80 buck in the trash in my case, and of course the wife's dr. cost a little, too. And after a week, we worsened to the point of shortness of breath. No, I did not go back (see above referrence to the above comments concerning money). Luckily, the babysitter had pneumonia as well, so we put two and two together.

The wife went back to her dr., because she was insured of course, and demanded a chest x-ray. Whereupon, she was granted some antibiotics, and after some pleading for her uninsured husband, so was I.

This is not an isolated case. Most (to be generous) of my experience with medical professionals have been similar, including those of my kids and friends. I won't get in to any more, but I'm not exagerating when I say it's a strain to remember a medical dollar well spent.

And then there's everything I've been learning about nutrition, polution, and exercise lately that makes me think the FDA is just some co-conspirator tasked with keeping America sick and poor.

i would guess that a lot of you whiners would not be around if it were not for the ''unethical'' medical industry. maybe you would have succumbed to polio, smallpox , TB, pneumonia, syphilis or myriad other ailments that kept the life expectancy at around

60 years or less. you are painting the industry with a very broad brush. would you like to return to the dark ages and forego modern medicine? every endeavor has its charlatans and dishonest practitioners, medicine is no worst and is probably much better than most.

Maybe, but I paid through the nose for it. I wasn't saying medicine is bad (though some is) or unethical, but what good is a cure if you can't pay for it? What's unethical is that the medical industry bypasses natural remedies and lifestyle recommendations in favor of copyrightable chemistry and paid-advertisement gadgetry. Why is it considered a noble task to find cures for stuff if they don't then give it away?

One more thing about ethics and I'll shut up. First of all, I recommend this free read:

http://www.mostuff.net/pdfs/Breakfast_Breakthrough.pdf

Then, I'd just like to say there's a heirarchy of authority wherever there is knowledge. Scientists say they can interpret observation better than you. Preachers say they can read better than you. Doctors say they know which chemicals are better for your body than nature does, which I wouldn't mind believing if they didn't cost so damn much.

And thank God for the greedy obstinance of the pompous. That's what leads me to seek elsewhere and consistently find better answers on my own.

the dislike and distrust of the medical industry usually quickly disappears when a life threatening disease shows up and you are cured by modern medicine. there is no law against using alternative therapy in treating your disease, as you may recall Steve Mcqueen taking his lung cancer to Mexico, and the Christian Scientists self treating diseases and broken limbs (probably why these people are gradually disappearing ). read Prevention magazine, you can find a quack treatment for almost any ailment. doctors are not Gods and certainly make mistakes, but there are few things as valuable to you as your health. if you are dissatisfied with treatment, there are always folk medicines and shamans.

;) well, ive asked my question, and it turned into some medical mockery, but now let me ask this, who thinks that when the tampering does happen, what it will be that they raise in human capabilities? personnaly i think it may be some kind of temperate steroid-like thing. for extra stamina and strength and what-not.