Science Forums

Machine Consciousness Experiments

SteveKlinko

On 11/26/2022 at 9:08 AM, SteveKlinko said:

Of course, QT is described by QM principles which is derived from Energy balance equations

An interesting claim. I was under the impression that quantum principles were based on empirical evidence of non-classical behavior of observed systems, and not derived from what you call energy balance equations.

On 11/26/2022 at 9:08 AM, SteveKlinko said:

The connections obviously do need Brain because a Brain is where the connection takes place.

This may be obvious to you, but not at all to others. If evolution managed to find the obvious place to put say the VoPort, it would be where it is needed, a the muscles. The ExPort could be anywhere, even off-body. Look at anecdotes of out-of-body experiences that report a point of view outside the body,  still able to see things and move around, all without use of anything physical that would say actually stop light. Apparently the input can directly measure the physical world without use of physics, and thus is not in need of something superfluous like eyes or other sensory organs.

I'm just saying this to counter your statement of what you feel is obvious. My opinion is that it is obvious that the connections don't exist at all. Your actual testing with the electronics is great, but it's still just testing a wild guess and even if there are such connections, you may well be looking at the complete wrong thing.

4 hours ago, Halc said:

An interesting claim. I was under the impression that quantum principles were based on empirical evidence of non-classical behavior of observed systems, and not derived from what you call energy balance equations.

The Wave Equation is based on some assumptions and approximations that make it solvable. I have always hated the Hermitian Matrix assumption. It is the reason why there is always a Phase component in the solution. There is also a Linear assumption along the way in the derivation that I didn't like. 

This may be obvious to you, but not at all to others. If evolution managed to find the obvious place to put say the VoPort, it would be where it is needed, a the muscles. The ExPort could be anywhere, even off-body. Look at anecdotes of out-of-body experiences that report a point of view outside the body,  still able to see things and move around, all without use of anything physical that would say actually stop light. Apparently the input can directly measure the physical world without use of physics, and thus is not in need of something superfluous like eyes or other sensory organs.

I'm just saying this to counter your statement of what you feel is obvious. My opinion is that it is obvious that the connections don't exist at all. Your actual testing with the electronics is great, but it's still just testing a wild guess and even if there are such connections, you may well be looking at the complete wrong thing.

Everybody is currently looking at their own possibly wrong Things. I like my Thing and will attempt to show that it is not a wrong Thing by designing Experiments that will prove it.