Science Forums

The solution to the travelling salesman problem

So, I had a fair amount of time to myself in the year of 2020. During that time, I think I eventually figured out the solution to the traveling salesman problem. I eventually took some effort to jot it down on the Internet, but it was hushed. If I recall correctly, I learned about the problem from Wikipedia. Here is Wikipedia's version from December 7th, 2011.

The travelling salesman problem (TSP) is an NP-hard problem in combinatorial optimization studied in operations research and theoretical computer science. Given a list of cities and their pairwise distances, the task is to find the shortest possible tour that visits each city exactly once. It is a special case of the Traveling purchaser problem.

The problem was first formulated as a mathematical problem in 1930 and is one of the most intensively studied problems in optimization. It is used as a benchmark for many optimization methods. Even though the problem is computationally difficult, a large number of heuristics and exact methods are known, so that some instances with tens of thousands of cities can be solved.

Here is my solution:

"...The solution is that the shortest possible route that visits each city exactly once and returns to the origin city is the route provided by predestination because the route provided by pre-destination is the only route available to the salesman." (1)

(1) "The Solution to the Traveling Salesman Problem | Search Results | dennisfrancisblewett's Library | Zotero." Title: The Solution to the Traveling Salesman Problem. Author: Dennis Francis Blewett. Date of Zotero authorship: April 17th, 2021.

Space-time provided me with an opportunity to develop some commentary.

December 30th, 2021 note:

The way that I was using the word "pre-determination" is not easily found on the Internet." It appears to me that the word "pre-determination" is defined by many as a Christian ("Jesus Christian") word referencing "... the doctrine that all events have been willed by God, usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul... (1)"

As may be found here (2), I was referencing to what is considered "the arrow of time." It appears the user Escape Orbit put forward effort to hush me providing the solution claiming that my solution was "original research," thus could not be placed on the Wikipedia page. There is no official legal ToS for the Wikipedia website, thus Escape Orbit had been engaged in information warfare (whether aware of it or not) in silencing me from providing the solution.

The arrow of time is a concept I learned about in my studied of the philosophy of psychology. Wikipedia has an article on it that I've looked at various times. There is a reference to Eddington; however, the arrow of time I refer to is the "arrow of time," or more so referrant to the future that one experiences (physically, whereby mental experiences are also physical experiences), such as a time traveler. For, a time traveler might go back in time but such travel would still be an experienced along the time traveller's arrow of time (or "world line," if I correctly interpret Egyptian philosophy).

(1) April 22, 2021 Wikipedia page on Predestination

(2) User talk:Escape Orbit - Wikipedia Section: The travelling salesman problem. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Escape_Orbit#The_travelling_salesman_problem>

Suggested reading:

"What is the Predestination Paradox? | by Areeba Merriam | Cantor’s Paradise." <https://www.cantorsparadise.com/what-is-predestination-paradox-59205ad736f3> Accessed: December 30th, 2021.

Thoughts?

UPDATE (additional note):

If considering all of reality to just be space-time, then the terms "predestination" and "pre-destination" as used in my solution are synonymous with the term "space-time." However, I have been under the presumption there are more dimensions than four dimensions to reality.

Edited by dennisfrancisblewett

On 12/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, dennisfrancisblewett said:

So, I had a fair amount of time to myself in the year of 2020. During that time, I think I eventually figured out the solution to the traveling salesman problem. I eventually took some effort to jot it down on the Internet, but it was hushed. If I recall correctly, I learned about the problem from Wikipedia. Here is Wikipedia's version from December 7th, 2011.

Here is my solution:

(1) "The Solution to the Traveling Salesman Problem | Search Results | dennisfrancisblewett's Library | Zotero." Title: The Solution to the Traveling Salesman Problem. Author: Dennis Francis Blewett. Date of Zotero authorship: April 17th, 2021.

Space-time provided me with an opportunity to develop some commentary.

Thoughts?

UPDATE (additional note):

If considering all of reality to just be space-time, then the terms "predestination" and "pre-destination" as used in my solution are synonymous with the term "space-time." However, I have been under the presumption there are more dimensions than four dimensions to reality.

You need to talk to my step brother who is also a physicist, he does work with the traveling salesman all the time in the electrical energy management business working for a fortune 500 company. I am sure he would have insights into solving this problem as he does it for a practical reason to meet energy demands as for me as a bio-physicist I know more about living systems than this sort of thing.

Here is what I've been thinking:

Wikipedia has a "ignore all rules" statute. It also (currently) argues for a Terms of Service... But the Terms of Service has been more of an effort to prevent/reduce any possibility of liability from government prosecution, in my opinion. The "ignore all rules" statute, however, trumps the Terms of Service. That is my opinion on the matter. And, anyway, editing Wikipedia comes down to of whom may afford to edit Wikipedia, such as get on the Internet, have the resources to argue about what is and is not a good edit and then maintain such edit for the encyclopedia.

"...Given a list of cities and their pairwise distances, the task is to find the shortest possible tour that visits each city exactly once. It is a special case of the Traveling purchaser problem..." - Quoted from December 7th, 2011 Wikipedia excerpt cited in earlier post in this thread.

A key word to extract from that citing is the word "possible." Space-time/reality provides the only route available because the salesman does not have free will to travel any other route. In that any particular city is "visited" "exactly once" would be pre-determined by reality. Whether or not any particular salesperson would be visiting such city "exactly once" would either be or not be in the salesperson's worldline (1).

As to VictorMedvil, I strangely found some energy analysis place in downtown Madison, Wisconsin. I stepped on the property for a moment (about two days ago), but I didn't find much enlightenment out of it.

Reference:

(1) From my studies of the theory of special relativity (Dixon Correctional Center, Internet, Einstein's authored works) and Egyptian philosophy (studied from Rockford Public Library in Rockford, Illinois -- Main branch).

Edited by dennisfrancisblewett

17 hours ago, dennisfrancisblewett said:

As to VictorMedvil, I strangely found some energy analysis place in downtown Madison, Wisconsin. I stepped on the property for a moment (about two days ago), but I didn't find much enlightenment out of it.

Well, that is interesting because for real my step brother does work in that area for a energy analysis type company, I would think as they do the salesman problem to solve energy demands that they would have a insight into it, I think you just didn't talk to the right person.