Science Forums

As a student exercise in calculating physical properties of the SeaEngine

I think this would make a great student model in calculating physical properties of the SeaEngine. It  would make a great way to test one’s physical understanding of the operation of the machine.

The design produces an upward force of 118,428 cubic feet of trapped air pushing to get to the surface.

This pushing/pulling force is constant. While at the same time a refilled tank of air must replace a discharged tank at the bottom every 11 seconds.

Translating this into an equation is above my pay grade. I came up with a crazy idea, I made a drawing of it and posted this idea here.
Having said that--
The world is running out of fossil fuels and I was just trying to come up with an alternative.
I put in my two cents, nothing left for me to do.

Speaking of “energy” in, and “energy” out.
[A] = energy consumed
[B]= energy released
[a] = the energy used to refine atomic particles for a bomb.
[b]= energy released when the bomb is exploded.
[b] is greater than [a]; you are getting more out than you put in.

The rule of “conservation of energy” does not apply above

I made a mistake in my SeaEngine calculation.

As stated the total cubic feet of air being displaced is 118,428.
Equating to 118,426 pounds of force.

This is incorrect, each cubic foot of displaced air has a lifting force of 64 pounds.
That equates to (118,426)X(64) = 7,579,264 pounds of lifting force

As a student exercise in calculating physical properties the SeaEngine would make a great way to test one’s physical understanding of the operation of the machine, as designed.

See attached & use "paint" to open itJPG-seaengine.thumb.jpg.ef7bb36ce039df7767e5e3e63f062fec.jpg

Edited by atomsmasher

2 hours ago, atomsmasher said:

This is another forum with “zero” comments. If you are waiting for trump to give you permission then I do not need your comments

This is another forum with “zero” comments. If you are waiting for trump to give you permission then I do not need your comments

This is how the seaengine works--

The SeaEngine is just using the lifting force of several lifting forces together. It is not creating more energy; it is simply combining the force of multiple forces into one. The torque of the machine is greatly enhanced.

Can this machine produce useful work?

These are a few basic principles

[1] an enclosed container (X) of air submerged in water has a lifting force (Y) equal to the volume of the water displaced minus the weight of the container;

[2] connecting multiple containers one on top of the other creates a combined lifting force of (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)
Which is a greater lifting force than (Y);

[3] the energy needed to fill one container is equal to the energy needed to sustain the combined lifting force of the 10 (ten) containers referenced above;

Formula used (ATM/V1) X V1 = bubble size

Output of this machine is 118,428 pounds of lifting force moving at 33 feet per second at any one moment in time

• 4 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, atomsmasher said:

This is how the seaengine works--

The SeaEngine is just using the lifting force of several lifting forces together. It is not creating more energy; it is simply combining the force of multiple forces into one. The torque of the machine is greatly enhanced.

Can this machine produce useful work?

These are a few basic principles

[1] an enclosed container (X) of air submerged in water has a lifting force (Y) equal to the volume of the water displaced minus the weight of the container;

[2] connecting multiple containers one on top of the other creates a combined lifting force of (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y) = (X)
Which is a greater lifting force than (Y);

[3] the energy needed to fill one container is equal to the energy needed to sustain the combined lifting force of the 10 (ten) containers referenced above;

Formula used (ATM/V1) X V1 = bubble size

Output of this machine is 118,428 pounds of lifting force moving at 3 feet per second at any one moment in time

Imade a cirrection to the above

Edited by atomsmasher