Science Forums

Big Little Theory

Bryan Kirby

Hello Everyone,

Kinda new to this whole thing. Anyway, I can't ignore what I see as a point of convergance between the variety of branes described in M-theory, and the type brane Turok suggests encompasses our universe. With my small amount of reasearch, it appears they could behave in a similar manner.

Could an almost infinately small brane house an almost infinately large universe? If a miltiverse exists within an extradimensional space, would relative size and scale cease to be important? What are the implications?

Appreciate your comments.

Hello Everyone,

Kinda new to this whole thing. Anyway, I can't ignore what I see as a point of convergance between the variety of branes described in M-theory, and the type brane Turok suggests encompasses our universe. With my small amount of reasearch, it appears they could behave in a similar manner.

Could an almost infinately small brane house an almost infinately large universe? If a miltiverse exists within an extradimensional space, would relative size and scale cease to be important? What are the implications?

Appreciate your comments.

Welcome to Hypography Bryan, your point is quite interesting. I'm sure you'll recieve numerous comments. I personally agree that size and scale would cease to have any importance. When you really think about it, what determines size and scale, that question has a similarity to the question about the frame of reference when determining velocity and time dilation. What is the absolute reference frame, that is a question?