Science Forums

Matter and energy??

Tim_Lou

what is matter?? you might say that it is something that has mass.

to see if something has mass, we simply see if it weights.... but when measuring mass, you are actually comparing a known massive object to an unknown massive objects. how do you know that the known massive object is massive?

the mass of quarks that made up neturon and proton is only a small percentage of the total mass. the rest mass is due to its potential energy...... that means most the mass of matter is actually energy...

maybe the "real" mass of matter is also some energy, which means that matter doesnt exist!!

u know that matter came into existence from light energy (big bang theory). so of course matter is actually energy, or light slowed down.

but matter does exist in our universe, though llight does not seem to because it is absolute.

i dont know much, just mumbling around....

• 2 weeks later...

If matter is light that slowed down, and light is made up of photons, and a photon is a partical of light, then what does a partical of light consist of? It must consist of a spinning field of light.

When you ask the question: what does matter consist of? You have to ask the question: what is light?

Is light not every form of energy and every piece of matter that ever existed and that will ever exist?

Where did all this light come from? The big bang theory is not right. Everthing and all energy did not come from the big bang. Everything that exists came from light out of a point of singularity out of nothingness. Then what is light? and where did all that light come from? light is our creator.

what does a partical of light consist of? It must consist of a spinning field of light.

If light was spinning that would imply a charge, and the photon does not possess any charge.

Where did all this light come from? The big bang theory is not right. Everthing and all energy did not come from the big bang. Everything that exists came from light out of a point of singularity out of nothingness. Then what is light? and where did all that light come from? light is our creator.

Light is just one range of the electromagnetic spectrum between 4x10^14 and 7.5x10^14 Hz.

The whole spectrum ranges from radio waves to gamma rays and the Earth is constantly bombarded by the complete range.

The question maybe should be rephrased to; What is a photon ?

After all the photon is the particle of light.

I'm not saying that your assumption is wrong, just a little restrictive.

What is the photon ?

Photon has no mass, travels at a fixed velocity and comes in varying energy levels.

What else travels at the speed of light - electromagnetism and gravity.

Electromagnetism is assumed to be carried by photons.

When an electron in an atom drops to a lower energy orbit, the energy emitted is a photon.

There would appear to be a lot more to the photon than merely a light particle.

webfeet: when i say light I dont just mean the visable light spectrum, I am talking about the entire spectum of light. Which would be <3x10^9hz through >3x10^19hz

Since light is electromagnetic radiation then doesn't it imply that something is in rotation?

no one has been able to measure the charge of a photon but that does not mean it does not have a charge.

If you look at the building blocks of matter which are quarks, they are made up of light slowed down. but even that is not entirely true because the light in the quark is still traveling at the speed of light in an orbital rotation, which is what gives it its charge,the color charge. all matter is light traveling in an orbital rotation, the light is not actually traveling slower it is just occupying a space in time, which creates mass. A photon would not have mass if it was measured as it is traveling through space /time, since time does not exist for a photon therefor neither would mass. but if a photon was in an orbital rotation that occupied space/time it would have mass, therefor creating all matter.

But that still brings me back to the question what is light? what is a photon?

This question may never be answered since it is what created every thing including the instruments that we try to detect it with.

Originally posted by: wavelength?But that still brings me back to the question what is light? what is a photon?

This question may never be answered since it is what created every thing including the instruments that we try to detect it with.

Here's a link to my Theory

It takes the basis of everything as the photon, or at least the mechanism that allows energy to be transmitted at a fixed velocity.

I hope it goes some way towards answering your question.

well weight is a property of gravty, the attraction of to bodies together.

Depending on how you look at it, Gravity is a weak force, carried by 4D particle called a Baryon. Atleast this is the case in membrain theory; where our 3d space is a membrane on a 4d space like the oiley residue on the top of your coffie if you leave it for a few minutes.

I suppose the only other way to tell if an object is massive is to run a light beam beside it and see how much it bends, though I don't think our instruments can be quite that precise. Perhapse to measure the bending of light around a large astral body like venus or the moon, but not something relatively insignificant like a muffin.

the equation of kenetic energy is E=1/2 mv^2

while the "energy" of mass is E=mc^2

when a particle can really travel at C, the kenetic energy would be 1/2 mc^2, which is half mc^2.

i wonder if there is anything to do with matter and energy...

i dont know much, im reading some books during these days and try to find out more about these.

• 3 weeks later...

e=mc^2

k.e.=0.5 x mv^2

Under Special Relativity, please refer: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/relativ/releng.html#c6

Under the Wave Theory of Matter, matter is a standing wave in a wave-structured universe, and mass is more of a derivative quality. A standing wave is a wave caused by 2 moving waves travelling in opposite directions. So the energy released in the annihilation of the 2-way standing wave should be double the inertia/momentum energy in a 1-way propagating standing wave.