Science Forums

New look at dimensions:

infamous

___Very nice example Erasmus. Rather than a trick, let me cast it as an illussion & show it may have some value anyway.

___ When one stands at a certain place at a certain time & observes our local star for a period, it appears to slowly disappear & then slowly re-appear; a solar eclipse. It is an illusion that it disappeared, but you only see the illusion from particular coordinates. It so happens however, that just under these circumstances is the best opportunity to see the reality of the corona which is otherwise obscured.

___Therfore, even if this is an illusion, it may yet reveal something otherwise obscurred. :hihi:

Your quite right Erasmus00, I see now where I'm going wrong here. Looks like I need to start all over doesn't it. Thanks for straighting me out on this. One question, even though it doesn't work when I change units, why does everything work in cgs units.

Because thats what you manufactured the relationships to fit. You could construct similar relationships that would fit in mks, though they wouldn't also hold in cgs.

-Will

Because thats what you manufactured the relationships to fit. You could construct similar relationships that would fit in mks, though they wouldn't also hold in cgs.

-Will

Looks like I going to have a lot of sail repair to do. As in, "got my sails knocked out from under me". But thats why we are here, to learn, right? I just wish I hadn't waisted so much time going up the wrong alley. But thanks again, at least I learned something today and BTW, for your trouble I think you deserve a few rep. points. Have a good one Erasmus00.