Science Forums

Hypothetical Redefinition Of Physics

ClaudeGaiven

The best way I can currently think of explaining it is by looking at a single atom. 

And to further this analysis think about what make an atom an atom, 

If energy can not be created nor destroyed then that would mean that the atoms properties can not be created nor destroyed,

Because this is true then that would mean that the element of a proton ( the quarks ) have to be conserved,

This is false. An atom can for example be ionised, making it no longer an atom but an ion. Or one atom can be converted into 2 different ones plus some bits and pieces plus some energy release, in nuclear fission. So the numbers of atoms and their properties are most definitely not conserved. 

My hypothesis ( because I do not have a degree I cannot say this is accurate ) is that if there is a single universe,

and there is evidence supporting the big bang theory however the big bang event breaks the laws of thermodynamics then the 

only thing left is that we are viewing something that has a very large amount of energy and not the big bang. 

Maybe some sort of High energy wall which requires a large amount of energy to cross.

This is false. An atom can for example be ionised, making it no longer an atom but an ion. Or one atom can be converted into 2 different ones plus some bits and pieces plus some energy release, in nuclear fission. So the numbers of atoms and their properties are most definitely not conserved. 

Thank you for the observation,

Even if the pattern for each individual hydrogen atom is not conserved or seen as being hydrogen, the energy as a whole for this hydrogen universe is still the same when you look at it from a classical approach.

Edited by ClaudeGaiven