Science Forums

Fish Collecting

Moontanman

I went out today by myself to do a little collecting, first time out since my last surgery.

My target species was Redfin Pickerel, but the prime collecting site is on private property and had a no trespassing sign up and the owner wasn't home to ask his permission so I didn't get to collect there. He had told me several years ago I was welcome to collect any time but now there is a fence and that was several years ago and I'm not sure the same guy lives there.

No pickerels were caught. I did get the following species.

Swamp Darter 1

Pirate perch     1

Blue spotted sunfish 3

Several gambusia with one black spotted male...

Wait for it! 

Three tiny Sirens! I thought they were eels at first but when I put on my glasses it was obvious they were Sirens! First really small Sirens I have ever caught. They were about 3" long...

I also caught two salamanders of unknown species

several large turtles. stink pots and yellow sliders.

I very large and unhappy red bellied snake, he almost filled up the net! 

I also observed two large alligators sunning them selves, I figured they were better left alone, they were about 8' long.

More surgery in a few weeks so I intend to get out again soon, have to have redfin pickerels before you can breed them!

I did try my hand at micro fishing but only a few large green sunfish were caught.

A watched a fisherman near me in Greenfield Lake spillway catch a large mouth bass, he released him after a picture was taken.    

Michael

• 2 months later...

Hey moon this is ultimate infinty/ FishTrembleAtMyName first of all fishing is my favorite thing in the world it is not just a hobby it is an obsession so I think it's cool that someone else enjoys it too next I need your help I guess I didn't realize that having more than one account on the original science forums was illegal so my FishTrembleAtMyName account was deltas but now I can't visit the site at all even as ultimate infinty could you help me figure out how to be allowed back on the site just as ultimate inifinity

Hey moon this is ultimate infinty/ FishTrembleAtMyName first of all fishing is my favorite thing in the world it is not just a hobby it is an obsession so I think it's cool that someone else enjoys it too next I need your help I guess I didn't realize that having more than one account on the original science forums was illegal so my FishTrembleAtMyName account was deltas but now I can't visit the site at all even as ultimate infinty could you help me figure out how to be allowed back on the site just as ultimate inifinity

You've been banned dude, I am not a moderator, I do have the ear of a couple of moderators but your behavior is what got you banned, you said some nasty things my friend. Insults do not go down well in science forums, I would like to know why you think you should be allowed back? Behave and this forum will be good to you.. I doubt the other one will let you back in just on my say so..