Science Forums

My Theory That Could Find A Cure For Depression

DetectiveLRyuzaki

I am psychotically enraged and I am on the mission here to destroy the moral version of good and bad since it has mocked and insulted me long enough.  It is deluded ignorant nonsense to say to a severely crippled depressed person that he/she can still have good meaning in his/her life.

The moral version of good says that if we personally judge our lives to have good meaning through our thoughts, then that will make it so.  But this is nonsense because this would mean that we could go up to a severely crippled depressed person and say in a joyful/excited tone:

"Yipee!  Your life is so wonderful since you told yourself that your life was great!  Forget the fact that you were on the brink of suicide and were hardly able to function!  Your life was so wonderful!"

This, right here, is the deluded mocking/insulting ignorant blatant lie that is the moral version of good.  It would be no different than telling a person with Parkinson's or a stroke:

"Yipee!  You can still fully function mentally because you told yourself you can!"

It would also be no different than telling a blind and deaf person:

"Yipee!  You can still see and hear since you told yourself you can!"

The fact is, there has to be a scientific version of good and bad that humanity and science is currently unaware of.

It would have to be our good moods (pleasant emotions) that are the scientific version of good and it would have to be our unpleasant feelings/emotions (such as depression) that would be the scientific version of bad.

Good and bad would have to be senses like sight, hearing, and smell.  So they are scientific terms like sight, hearing, and smell.  Just as how a blind and deaf person cannot give his/herself sight and hearing through his/her thoughts alone, we cannot give our lives any good or bad meaning either without our pleasant/unpleasant feelings/emotions.

If you were to say the phrase:

"My life is nothing but hopeless," then that would be no different than saying:

"My life is nothing but bad and has no good meaning."  Therefore, since depression is a feeling of hopelessness, then if you were to struggle with depression, then you would feel that your life is nothing but bad.  Here again, thoughts of our family and such still giving our lives good meaning during our depression won't give our lives any good meaning since we don't have our actual sense of good meaning which would be our pleasant emotions (our reward system).

In conclusion, I myself struggle with depression and anhedonia (absence of all my pleasant emotions).  This moral version of good and bad is a deluded and mocking/insulting lie towards people such as me who struggle with these illnesses.  It is time we destroy this moral lie and instead create a better life.

An eternal blissful life of no more suffering, depression, and anhedonia created by science in the future and have people such as me who have missed out resurrected so we can live this life.  We would create this eternal blissful life based upon the scientific version of good and bad since scientists would be encouraged like never before to find cures and treatments knowing that our pleasant emotions are all that we have in our lives to make us good people and our lives good.

The scientific version of good and bad is different than the moral version of good and bad.  It is a feeling/emotional version of good and bad and is not any moral or any other version of good and bad.  I realize that science has no moral lessons to teach us.  So you might say that there is no scientific version of good and bad.  Like I said before, morality is not the same thing as good and bad. 

So it would no longer be morality.  We would instead have to refer to it as something different.  We would instead have to refer to it as us interacting and socializing as human beings and nothing more.  Good and bad would instead have to be something completely different.  It would have to be the scientific version of good and bad which would be the feeling/emotional version of good and bad.  

Any foolish acts that result from our pleasant emotional experiences would no longer be referred to as "bad."  If you fight for your family, then that would not be anything good as long as you did not derive any pleasant emotions from doing so.  It would just simply be referred to as you solving a problem that hinders or threatens the survival of your family.

"You" refers to "your conscious" since that is what makes you "you" and is what makes you alive in the first place.  Therefore, it can only be your experience of pleasant feelings/emotions that would make you a good person and it can only be your experience of unpleasant feelings/emotions that make you a bad person.  So with that being said, a depressed person who chooses to help others all around the world would be a bad person with nothing but a bad life.  But a sociopath such as Hitler who derives pleasant emotions from harming innocent people would be a good person with a good life.

But the moral version of good would say that if someone is a morally good person, that we would admire and compliment him/her.  If someone is a morally bad person, then we would have scorn and detest towards him/her.  That is different than the feeling/emotional version of good and bad.  So just because a depressed person is bad and just because a sociopath is good does not mean we should have scorn/detest towards the depressed person and admire/compliment the sociopath.

I can't help but really wonder if the moral version of good and bad really is fake even though we do not realize it yet.  That we are all just blindly believing in it when it was never true to begin with.  Society teaches us lies.  This is a known fact of life.  It happens so much throughout the world and we are all nothing more than just blindly believing in them.  The fact is, we can't trust anyone.  We can't trust everything we have been taught.

Even though the moral version of good and bad might have supporting evidence, that doesn't necessarily make it true.  The fact is, there could be new tests and new evidence supporting my theory that we need to find out.  The moral version of good and bad says:

"How you feel is nothing important.  It is nothing good or bad in of itself.  It is all about your thinking.  Just simply change your thinking and you can live a life that has good meaning."

I find that quote to be a mocking insult to me.  It is ignorant deluded nonsense towards the person's depression and suffering.  Really, if depression and all the suffering (unpleasant feelings/emotions) were nothing bad, then why are there so many people trying to find better treatments and cures for it?  It should all just be a matter of changing one's thinking, acts, and way of life and nothing more.  When we look at a severely crippled depressed person and feel sadness and grief over him/her, would it just simply be nothing more than because he/she has a pessimistic mode of thought towards life?  No!

It is instead because he/she is going through so much suffering.  He/she has a crippling experience of an unpleasant feeling/emotion that gives nothing but bad and horrible meaning to his/her life that is known as depression.  Therefore, depression in of itself has to be bad and it has nothing to do with our way of thinking.  It is the scientific version of bad.  The opposite would be the scientific version of good which would be our pleasant feelings/emotions.  And, of course, having neither pleasant nor unpleasant feelings/emotions would only render you and your life having neutral (neither good or bad) value and worth.  

I mean, it all adds up to there being a scientific version of good and bad.  I clearly have a rational and valid basis for my theory which would be everything I explained here about why the moral version of good and bad is a mocking/insulting deluded ignorant lie. 

The term "rewarding experience" has been defined through science as only being our reward system (pleasant emotions) and not our thoughts alone since our reward system is the only function of our brains that can give us a rewarding experience.  It is always a rewarding experience for us to have good meaning in our lives.  For example, if you perceive good meaning towards your family and living for them to help them out, then that is always a rewarding experience for you.  You are perceiving a rewarding experience towards the helping of your family and towards living for them.

Therefore, it would have to be our pleasant emotions that can be the only things that can give good meaning to our lives.  To say that something can have good value and worth to you even though it is not a rewarding experience for you would be no different than saying that something can be a rewarding experience for you even though it is not a rewarding experience for you.  Therefore, that would be a false (contradictory) statement.

Now depression and anhedonia turn off the survival aspect characteristics of the brain.  The survival aspect characteristics of our brains would be us perceiving good meaning towards the helping of innocent people and towards the pursuing of our goals and dreams.  So we cannot perceive good meaning in our lives at all as long as we are depressed and/or have anhedonia.

Our unpleasant feelings/emotions such as depression instead result in the problem solving aspect mode of the brain being turned on which would be us perceiving bad meaning in our lives towards life crisises and towards the running away from danger and solving problems that hinder/threaten our survival.  So we can only perceive bad meaning in our lives while struggling with depression.  

Depression and other unpleasant feelings/emotions turn on the problem solving aspect mode of the brain because if the survival aspect mode were to be left turned on and we still perceived good meaning and have still chosen to pursue our goals and dreams while being in a dangerous situation or a situation that hinders our survival, then we could be killed or harmed.  That is just how our brains evolved, sadly.  We have never evolved to perceive good meaning in our lives while struggling with depression or any other unpleasant feelings/emotions.  People would just be fooling their brains into thinking they still have good meaning in their lives while struggling with depression and/or anhedonia when it was never true.

Depression, I am quite sure, could very well be the worst of all unpleasant feelings/emotions since it lowers you down much more and saps away all good meaning of your life.  So if you struggle with depression, then your life has the worst bad value and bad worth.

As long as you are in a bland, "dead," and hopeless mindstate (mood) due to your depression and/or anhedonia, then that is the mindstate of perceiving bad and neutral meaning in your life.  You need to be in the "alive," vigorous, sacred, divine, transcending, and vibrant mindstate of experiencing your pleasant emotions (good moods) in order to perceive good meaning towards your family, friends, this life/universe, and towards your goals and dreams.  Again, it is a scientific perception of good and bad meaning in our lives and is not any moral or any other version of good and bad.

It is the good and bad of the future that science has yet to discover when they develop the advanced technology to discover it.  It would take perhaps hundreds or even thousands of years to discover it.  But I have revealed it to you upon this very day.  Therefore, share this theory of mine to scientists all around the world.  It will be the ultimate science experiment.  

Scientists all around the world will test my theory and see if there really is a scientific version of good and bad.  My theory will change the world.  It will change how we all think as human beings.  It will encourage scientists like never before to create an eternal blissful life in the future as I said before and it will encourage them to resurrect people such as me who have missed out on life so we can all live this eternal blissful life in the future.  

Everyone would now truly understand the depths of my loss and will truly know that my pleasant emotions (good moods) are the only incentives I have in my life to give my life good meaning.  That is, if scientists would even care about my theory and if they even care to test it.  If you don't share this theory to these scientists, then I might never be resurrected to live an eternal blissful life to give my life the eternal good meaning that I deserve for having gone through all this suffering of depression as well as my anhedonia.  

Everyone might just simply dismiss all the suffering and such of this life as being nothing bad and that all that is needed to live a good life would be our thinking.  This couldn't be any further from the truth and the whole world needs the know the truth that my theory holds.  

There are many people in this world who don't have an open mind and would not even bother with my theory.  But there are those people who will definitely give some consideration to my theory.  Therefore, these are the types of people (scientists) I am seeking out.