Science Forums

How To Generate Procedural Animation Cells Using Mathematica?

Hi, i need to generate a graphical animation of a field with values that change over time.

I tried doing it in a photo editor but quickly realized it wasn't really going turn out right.

i have access to a hobby version of mathematica but i've never used it before. i think it might be what i need but i'm not sure how to even start.

this is what i need to plot out graphically.

picture a grid with 64 cells, in each cell there is a vertical line.

i then need the line in cell 1 two split into two, with each piece hitting another cell, say cell 2 and 9, the lines in those cells break in two and those pieces go on to hit lines in other cells and so on. basically a chain reaction.

if i can add physics to it that would be better. like if i could give the grid and the lines set values of energy, where lets say each line has 1 unit of energy, then to set the system in motion i hit the line in cell 1 with 10 units of energy, so that each of the resulting 2 pieces has enough energy to break 5 more lines each, and each time a line collides with another line it transfers some energy to it, so the lines can continue to get broken down into smaller pieces if the local conditions are right.

any help or suggests are appreciated. if mathematica is not the best program for it or if i'm reaching way over my head, any other program recommendations are welcomed.

• 1 month later...