Science Forums

Black holes question

alexqr1

if there is an observer in a massive object about to reach the schwarzschild radius, and another one in any other point in the universe, the one in the "star" will see how it becomes a black hole, but the other observer will se how time passes everytime slower in the surface of the star without ever becoming a black hole, so the black hole will exist for the observer in the soon to be event horizon , but it will pass an infinite time for the other to see it, therefore black holes should not exist in our time, just for themselves.... what is wrong with my deduction?

sorry if my english is not good enough, so if you dont understand the question, please let me know and ill try to explain again. thankyou

if there is an observer in a massive object about to reach the schwarzschild radius, and another one in any other point in the universe, the one in the "star" will see how it becomes a black hole, but the other observer will se how time passes everytime slower in the surface of the star without ever becoming a black hole, so the black hole will exist for the observer in the soon to be event horizon , but it will pass an infinite time for the other to see it, therefore black holes should not exist in our time, just for themselves.... what is wrong with my deduction?

sorry if my english is not good enough, so if you dont understand the question, please let me know and ill try to explain again. thankyou

One could define this point of view as a possibility. There are also a few theorists that believe that black holes don't exist to begin with. According to contemporary understanding, we may never know the answers to these questions because the black hole, if it is really black, will not give this information up to us.