Science Forums

Black Hole Is A Requirement For Life ?

maddog

The fact that we can say "inside a black hole's event horizon" indicates there is space there and time. only at the singularity would time and space stop and the most recent idea on this is that the singularity doesn't really exist.

From the point of view of an observer inside a black hole the universe would be blue shifted, I'm not sure if it would appear to be concentrated into a small area or not.

Yes there would be space, but I have a hard time trying to visualize time inside the event horizon. Yes I do not believe in singularity's accept as a math concept. When you say blue shifted, could the wave length be shifted past blue into the X-Ray or gamma ray range which would make the light invisible to a human observer.

Yes there would be space, but I have a hard time trying to visualize time inside the event horizon. Yes I do not believe in singularity's accept as a math concept. When you say blue shifted, could the wave length be shifted past blue into the X-Ray or gamma ray range which would make the light invisible to a human observer.

Yes blue shifted would mean just that, it really doesn't mean color of visible light. We are really Off topic here, if we want to continue a new thread should be made.

I think I said before that without BH's there wouldn't be any life in this universe. BH's are essential to the formation of galaxies and without galaxies there would no conditions where life could develop.

I'm not so sure that is an absolute, there are stars not inside galaxies...

I'm not so sure that is an absolute, there are stars not inside galaxies...

Are you talking about stars that got knocked out of galaxies because of collisions between galaxies? The only stars where life might be possible are 3rd and 4th generation stars that are made up of all the elements. The only place that will happen in, is in a galaxy where you have enough supernova's to create and disperse those elements. That cannot happen outside the dynamics of a galaxy. I don't know if I've said this before in this forum. But there are no galaxies without a BH's, any group of stars without a BH is nothing more than a star cluster and will not ever have the dynamics of a true galaxy that will support the formation of life.

Dark matter galaxies have been detected by its gravity without stars and without black holes in neutral Hydrogen.

I've read about dark galaxies and the picture you are giving is not accurate. A dark galaxy is a supermassive BH without enough hydrogen gas for star formation to take place. Try and think about what's going to happen to our universe as all the available star fuel is used up by star formation and those stars start going dark as the hydrogen is turned into heavier elements. All the galaxies will slowly get darker until there are no more lit up stars. At this time what will those dark galaxies look like? They will be supermassive BH's with a great deal of dark cold matter in orbit around it. These dark galaxies will be around a lot longer than they existed as lit up galaxies with lots of stars. Who knows if they will ever get another chance to light up with stars again, but with a new infusion of hydrogen they could flair into the star forming business again.

What you have read is an abundant vanilla science model simplified for public consumption.

Your entitled to your opinion. Not everybody has agreed that a galaxy has to have a central BH. However I say if it doesn't it's not a galaxy with or without stars. It's something else.

And again the properties inside a black hole is not what this thread is about. Please start your own thread.

Actually, Moontanman has done this for you in thread here labeled "What is inside a Black Hole?" So I, the Author would request you to use that thread for anything related to the structure of a Black Hole itself. This thread was for the concept of why a Black Hole is a requisite in Galactic Structure for Life development & Evolution. If you need background info, go read the SciAm article from this month on the subject.

Original author has not proclaimed a response to this subject. Let's wait and see.

Here I am! And yes, I have above.

Lets not, he may not be online and your discussion is obviously off topic.

Well this thread went Fast & Furious yesterday to two pages! I was on yesterday around Noon. I can not stay on all day... <_<

As Moontanman has said, yes, this is "off topic".

Moontanman, yes, we wait for original author.

Ok, you waited. So from now on, keep to the subject if you wish to add to this thread. Thank You. :D

maddog

String theory is a good example. very interesting.

Good example of what? If to your earlier post as to quarks being composite in structure. String Theories (now grouped together in M-Theory) does model a single string in some vibrational mode for each and all of the Elementary particles (Fermions & Bosons). Not all of these theories agree however on one thing or the other. Not all particle physicists go along with any of the string theories. The Standard Model has as its stance that Fundamental particles are indivisible - making a quark with internal parts. The rest is still theory.

maddog

"Blue shift" is a reference to the direction only. So yes, if extreme enough shift this could result in X-Rays being viewed when absorbed.

Inside the Event Horizon, coordinates may need to represented in Complex variables instead of Real. This is why in physics, the term spatial coordinated being referred to as time-like.

The article & paper Moontanman's link about orbits inside is very interesting.

maddog