Science Forums

Does The Human Body Have An Electromagnetic Field?

DaVince

Do we emmit EM fields from ourselves? And how if possible?

One thing I can think of might be that our neural impulses (even if weak) give of some kind of EM field, but I'm not sure.

So, I hope someone can give me some answers.

The idea of the human body having an electromagnetic field is pure heresy to orthodox science, but scientific research has already established that not only the human body, but everything from mice, birds, trees and seeds and the earth itself is molded and controlled by electro-dynamic fields, all of which can picked up, measured and mapped out with standard voltmeters. Dr. Harold S. Burr has proven this from the 1930s - 1960s. However his work has been ignored by the majority of the scientific community, as the gene centric view of biology dominated the establishment from the 60s onwards, and the field theory has been neglected apart from in fringe or alternative medicine communities, so not many will know of his name or his reseach.

The idea of the human body having an electromagnetic field is pure heresy to orthodox science, but scientific research has already established that not only the human body, but everything from mice, birds, trees and seeds and the earth itself is molded and controlled by electro-dynamic fields, all of which can picked up, measured and mapped out with standard voltmeters. Dr. Harold S. Burr has proven this from the 1930s - 1960s.

Forest, when making claims that you feel are “pure heresy to orthodox science” at hypography, you need to be especially careful to follow our rule that “if you make strange claims, please provide proof or at least backup of some kind.” I think it’s also a bad idea to use religious terms like “orthodox”, and “heresy”, which refer to adherence to and violation of articles of faith, as it’s a common rhetorical tactic of pseudoscience advocates, who’s company it isn’t good to be in.

Compared to various other biogenic field proponents, such as Rupert Sheldrake, Burr appears to me to lack as well composed a web presence. Can you provide links to any good webpages about his work?

My impression on the subject, which I got mostly from reading, credulously, in my late teens, Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird’s 1973 The Secret Life of Plants, then attempting to validate its many seemingly credible references, is that this broad subject area was a reasonable, though very speculative, scientific hypothesis in the late 19th through mid 20th century, but as biochemical explanations for biological morphogenesis, especially the discovery in the 1950s of the role of RNA and DNA, known then and now as the central dogma of molecular biology, was abandoned by most credible biologist, and became pseudoscientific.

Do we emmit EM fields from ourselves?

Yes.

Practically all animals do. Many animals, such as electric fish, have much stronger electromagnetic fields than humans do.

And how if possible?

One thing I can think of might be that our neural impulses (even if weak) give of some kind of EM field, but I'm not sure.

You’re thinking is correct, DaVince.

Moving and stationary charged particles cause electric and magnetic fields. Animals and plants, especially animal nerves, have many charged particles, which are fairly easy to detect and record.

This is the foundation of a very mature technology which is very useful I medicine, as it allows abnormalities and disease to be detected noninvasively reproducibly, and fairly inexpensively, via various “electro“ techniques – electromyography, electrocardiography, electroencephalography, etc.