Science Forums

Love Story

Robust

I r'cvd word that my beloved aunty from whom I learned and shared most of my gardening ability was on her death bed. Unableto be with her in time, I got a quick letter to her and enclosing in it a leaf from the flaming maple and describing how I awakened one morning from a deep slumber to look out the window and view the flaming-red maple tree that I had garnered from her own garden. In my haziness it appeared that the whole outdoors was on fire. This particular maple (which she had herself developed) I knew to have special meaning for her, and so I knew she would receive and understand my message of love.

Not too long ago (and in a physical plight of my own) I heard and saw the fluttering of a golden eagle at my window. Having got my attention, it then flew and perched itself on a fence post facing another window to which I had direct view. In its talons was clutched a leaf from the flaming maple. On seeing that I had noticed, the golden eagle then let the leaf fall to the ground, and which my daughter then retreived for me.

Love and devotion are powerful forces....and if garnered by the eagle, in fine array.

This is a very touching story, it reminds me of somthing that I learned many years ago. It is a marvelous thing to know the love of another. But it is even a greater gift to know your own love for another. Thus the following expression; It is better to love than it is to be loved.

___I love that expression Infamous.

___Robust, I too have a spiritual relationship with an Eagle that got my attention. (I relate the vision in the thread "Random Memoir of a Dream" in the lounge). Don Juan in his Yaqui sorcery calls such visits, gestures from the world.

___Whatever one calls such occurences or however one classifys them, they have some air of noteworthiness that is inescapable.

___Robust, I too have a spiritual relationship with an Eagle that got my attention. (I relate the vision in the thread "Random Memoir of a Dream" in the lounge). Don Juan in his Yaqui sorcery calls such visits, gestures from the world.

___Whatever one calls such occurences or however one classifys them, they have some air of noteworthiness that is inescapable.

Thank you Turtle; You would be surprised how many people don't understand that expression. Maybe it is because there are many poor souls that have never really loved anyone but themselves. What utter pity and sorrow I feel for such a one.

Yes, and thanks, Turtle!. I feel it a great honor to be regarded by the bird - the humming bird no less than the eagle. For a number of years each Spring a humming bird would fly into the room to announce its arrival and thank me for the feeder I already would have hanging outside the window awaiting its arrival. It would flutter about my head and sometimes even sit on my head or shoulder for a spell. (And I do mean spell.)

One should never mess with the humming bird, however (man or beast). That pointed beak can do tremedous damage.