i saw that video which explain easy way to make that paper

but i dont know waht is the "emergency fiare"

and what is the "white spirit" ?

is that what we drink like pepsi and that things ? :D

and sorry for my bad english

and i hope to explain what u say to make me easy understand u

thanks alot :)

Welcome to hypography.

White spirit, also known as mineral spirits in the US, or as Stoddard solvent, is a common paint solvent. You should be able to find it at hardware stores.

From the video, it looks like the emergency flare is one of several types of road flares you can buy that are typically used to alert oncoming traffic when there is an accident or you have broken down on the side of the road. If you can not find them locally, a google search for road flares should get you to a company that can ship them to you.

I would suggest extreme caution when following the video. While mineral spirits are safer than turpentine, the flash point is only 38C (100F), so the vapors will be flammable as you heat the liquids in the pan. Add to that the crushed road flare, and you have a very dangerous concoction over an open flame. Be very careful, have a fire extinguisher nearby, and consider using an electric hotplate rather than a gas stove. Likewise, when drying the paper in the oven, make sure that you use the lowest possible setting, especially if it's a gas oven. Or consider air drying the flash paper in the sun.

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s6588.htm

Fire:

Flash point: 38C (100F) CC

Autoignition temperature: 232 - 260C (450 - 500F)

Flammable limits in air % by volume:

lel: 0.8; uel: ca. 6

Flammable.

This liquid is near its lower flammability limit at room temperature. Flash point may range between 38-40 C. Contact with strong oxidizers may cause fire.

Explosion:

Above flash point, vapor-air mixtures are explosive within flammable limits noted above. Sealed containers may rupture when heated. Sensitive to static discharge.

Fire Extinguishing Media:

Water spray, dry chemical, alcohol foam, or carbon dioxide. Direct stream of water can scatter and spread flames.

Special Information:

In the event of a fire, wear full protective clothing and NIOSH-approved self-contained breathing apparatus with full facepiece operated in the pressure demand or other positive pressure mode. Water spray may be used to keep fire exposed containers cool.