Science Forums

Mary Shelley - Frankenstein - Creationism vs Science Project

I was just wondering what you'd think Mary Shelley's messages given through Frankenstein are of creationism vs. science? I was reading about a man called Hugh Ross who is a president of Reasons to Believe - he believes that creationism should never be taught in public schools and that the universe was created in six consecutive long, unspecified periods of time. He's on a quest to scientifically prove that the Scriptures are true and that the God of the Bible is the designer of the universe.

Can you see any similarities or differences between the two, Shelley and Hugh Ross?

I'm supposed to write an essay on the two of them; a sort of comparison and would need some help getting started. Thankful for any reply

I was just wondering what you'd think Mary Shelley's messages given through Frankenstein are of creationism vs. science? I was reading about a man called Hugh Ross who is a president of Reasons to Believe - he believes that creationism should never be taught in public schools and that the universe was created in six consecutive long, unspecified periods of time. He's on a quest to scientifically prove that the Scriptures are true and that the God of the Bible is the designer of the universe.

Can you see any similarities or differences between the two, Shelley and Hugh Ross?

I'm supposed to write an essay on the two of them; a sort of comparison and would need some help getting started. Thankful for any reply

The two are different even given that one is pure fiction. The only thing at times they tend to share is science perhaps gone wrong.

The two are different even given that one is pure fiction. The only thing at times they tend to share is science perhaps gone wrong.

I think all of us can recall examples of "science gone wrong". Many times this irresistible need to understand by experiment may cause some to throw caution to the wind and proceed without due care or concern for the consequences. Case in point: US Militarys experimentation with Chemical and Biological warfare agents. The results of these experiments may come back to haunt us.