Science Forums

Universe getting hotter.

humility

The multiverse stems out of String Theory and brane modeling of the Universe. Its a valid scientific theory. However, little experimental and observational evidence exist at this time. With the advent of new accelerator projects in the next few years its possible that may change.

Yes, interesting article but it concerns nanoparticles and microscopic sizes...not the universe. B)

It would be interesting if we could find any studies which actually studied temperature changes from the early universe and had data to show a cooler era than today.

I think the reason none has ever been produced is due to the fact ever since the discover of the CMB the other was rather ruled out on galatic scales at least. Rather fits the quote you have: "Production of useful work is limited by the laws of thermodynamics, but the production of useless work seems to be unlimited."

- Donald Simanek

this article which maybe of interest.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2572

This link as Tormod said is for microscopic in size. This implies short term quantum effects dominate.

To consider the CMBR as anything else would imply you would be the individual supplying this

evidence. As Tormod said WMAP has corroborated CMBR using Thermodynamic analysis and

verified the current estimate for the age of the universe. Kind of shoots down it being hotter.

Apparently you just don't know it yet. B) B)

Maddog

If you read the wmap website maddog you will find the following.

"Content of the Universe:

4% Atoms, 23% Cold Dark Matter, 73% Dark Energy"

" For the theory that fits our data, the Universe will expand forever(The nature of the dark energy is still a mystery. If it changes with time, or if other unknown and unexpected things happen in the universe, this conclusion could change.) "

Now imagine that there is a baryonic plane in the universe . A area that turns Dark matter into normal matter and causes the matter to radiate. Or in other words a process that ultimatly turns Dark energy into normal energy. The baryonic plane produces dense energy so has a tendency of radiating from hot to cold.This radiating energy will leave the baryonic plane but will eventually return.When this energy returns it contains information about the universe when the signal was formed.

So some radiation that left the baryonic plane 13.5 billion years ago has returned with the information that when it formed the composition of the universe was 4% Atoms, 23% cold Dark matter, 73% dark energy.It also gave the ambient temperature of the entire universe(not just the baryonic plane) at that time 2.73k.

And since 13.5 billion years ago there was a much larger amount of dark energy than normal energy. I would assume that the conversion process is continuing .Therefore as time goes on normal energy will increase until in equilibrium( if possible) with dark energy( 50% dark energy and 50% normal energy.) This increase in normal energy overtime might see the 2.73 K value of the CMBR increase overtime. Which for ease could be translated as the " universe is getting hotter"

The website also says:

"The data brings into high resolution the seeds that generated the cosmic structure we see today. These patterns are tiny temperature differences within an extraordinarily evenly dispersed microwave light bathing the Universe, which now averages a frigid 2.73 degrees above absolute zero temperature. WMAP resolves slight temperature fluctuations, which vary by only millionths of a degree."

It could be the other way around that cosmic structures generated the different patterns in the signal. Rather than the signal produced the structures.

Us baryonic beings like to see the universe in are own image but at present we seem to be outnumbered but I'm sure we will have more equality in the future.

Peace ;)

Now imagine that there is a baryonic plane in the universe. A area that turns Dark matter into normal matter and causes the matter to radiate. Or in other words a process that ultimatly turns Dark energy into normal energy. The baryonic plane produces dense energy so has a tendency of radiating from hot to cold.This radiating energy will leave the baryonic plane but will eventually return.When this energy returns it contains information about the universe when the signal was formed.

So some radiation that left the baryonic plane 13.5 billion years ago has returned with the information that when it formed the composition of the universe was 4% Atoms, 23% cold Dark matter, 73% dark energy.It also gave the ambient temperature of the entire universe(not just the baryonic plane) at that time 2.73k.

And since 13.5 billion years ago there was a much larger amount of dark energy than normal energy. I would assume that the conversion process is continuing. Therefore as time goes on normal energy will increase until in equilibrium( if possible) with dark energy( 50% dark energy and 50% normal energy.) This increase in normal energy overtime might see the 2.73 K value of the CMBR increase overtime. Which for ease could be translated as the " universe is getting hotter".

You concoct something that is not like anything else in the universe to fit a theory that

does not agree with the collaboration of world scientists like you know and they don't.

You then give it properties that reverse Thermodynamics to explain a conversion

process of Dark Energy to "normal energy". Then assume this process has

been going on since the beginning! :( ;) :( :eek:

My question to you is how did this "baryonic plane" come into existence ? Why

did it form in a plane ? Why would it behave like a refrigerator ? How could this

convert Dark Energy when we don't even know what it is ??? ;) :xx: :xx:

I am beginning to think I have better things to do than debate what I so far consider

nonsense. :) I could change my mind. It might take using some logic, form

a hypothesis, proceeding to a conclusion. #%$@-- deleted -- ^%$# ;) :xx:

Maddog

" For the theory that fits our data, the Universe will expand forever(The nature of the dark energy is still a mystery. If it changes with time, or if other unknown and unexpected things happen in the universe, this conclusion could change.) "

Dark Matter and Dark energy do not reverse thermodynamics in anyway at all. Dark matter, for some reason, yet to be determined, has the same gravitational effect as regular matter and produces no major energy signature outside of that. Its not really hot or cold at all. Dark energy is nothing more than vacuum pressure under most modeling which works the opposite to gravity and causes an accelertion to expansion. Now Dark energy could in some ways grow geometrically with time. But an exact mechanism to account for such really depends upon one's model of spacetime to begin with. At the current time there are several different models being considered. Its also possible that all dark energy boils down to is ripples in the fabric of spacetime. The ripples idea was just recently proposed based upon some more recent observational data. If the ripples idea pans out further the implication would be that spacetime really does not continue to accelerate its expansion after a point. In none of these proposals does it generate heat at all and in fact, by the book, should actually make spacetime colder through further expansion.