Science Forums

Looking for COTS SOM (System on a Module) & DSP Processors for Trade Study

I am not sure whether post this here or in the Engineering Forum, so I apologize if I got the wrong forum. Oops ! :eek_big:

I am looking for some examples of DSP (Digitial Signal Processing) Boards / Modules &/or

System on a Chip Modules (SOM) that have DSP embedded in them. I have found on by

Texas Instruments (TI) -- the OMAP 35xx Series (3530 in particular) which is basically an

ARM-9 with added DSP capability. This is typically used for cell phones & multimedia,

though I have a more military application in mind.

Our desire will be to use Embedded C/C++ which support is provided by TI. I am just

wondering if other vendors might be around. I have looked at the Freescale site. Maybe

another Google search....

Let me know any thoughts. Thanxs.

:naughty:

maddog

I think I solved this.

I found three manufacturers VMEtro, Curtiss-Wright, and Nallatech. My interest is with

Nallatech. I found one board VXS-610 which supports upto to daughter modules.

This is using Xilinx Vertex-5 technology. The software support found was with Wind

River VxWorks. Sad for my compatriates here that GHS Integrity was not supported in

COTS fashion. ;) So I get to empress the value of COTS and VxWorks. :hihi:

maddog

ps: I apologize of my rambling yesterday as I was mixing metaphores/paradigms with

PowerPC & ARM for DSP application. The VME DSP need would be with PowerPC

microprocessor whereas with ARM, I am not required to utilize VME as my bus architecture.