Science Forums

Is there anything more primal than consciousness?

buddhaboy

Moderation Note: this thread was moved from the questions and answers forum

Whether we talk of planets, far off galaxies, atoms, particles, or god, or whatever...there is something which preceeds all these things...consciousness. Everything we see and hear and experience happens in consciousness...which is why were conscious of it! Im nt a christian, or big bible man, but i tink there is a clue in genesis... "god" said "let there be light" and there was light!.... seeing how the sun was only created on the fourth day inthis mythical story, then this light in the beginning cant have been sunlight....and if this light is consciousness then it has to be there for the earth to appear in it and the whole existence we see around us. first consciousness, then a perception, or object appears in consciousness....we dont usually become conscious...we look at the objects around us, but miss the consciousness they appear in....so what about the big bang? where did this happen?...if the big bang, and all its energy exlpoded what did it explode, and expand into? does anyone know. Ive heard someone once say that space is consciousness... as before everything appears in space,,, needs space. Does anything happen outside consciousness? i cant see howit can myself, for if it did how would we know?