Science Forums

The 4D Apparition Theory

TheRandomDude

I would like thoughts and ideas about my own theory of ghost phenomena, I welcome any criticisms and additions anyone has since I myself am not a physicist, but just a kid with an interest in expaining the unexplainable. There is no way to test my ideas, but then again, it's rather hard to test any physics theory. :(

The 4D Apparition Theory

By Aaron Brewer

Observations: many witnesses, including completely rational and reasonable people, have seen Ghosts. There are types of ghosts, such as a “Residual Haunting” in which an entire event from the past gets played back, “Orbs” which are supposedly the ghosts natural form or an energy source for ghosts, “Smart Ghosts” which can interact with living humans, and “Dumb Ghosts” that ignore humans. There is physical evidence such as video and tape recordings that give evidence of ghost being something other than a psychological hallucination. There are people who seem to be able to sense ghosts better than others. The biggest theory is that these ghosts are spirits from the dead.

Theory: There has to be a scientific explanation for these occurrences, therefore I would like to accept as true first that there are no spirits or anything having to do with the dead or deceased, and the 4th Dimension is time in a non-linear sense. Now suppose that since the 4th Dimension moves erratically along side our 3D Linear time basis, we run into past events all the time. Since our minds receive 4D information all the time that usually has no importance, we ignore and forget this data from our surroundings. If the information is tragic, life threatening, or repetitive, our minds will take heed and alert us subconsciously (bad feelings, increased adrenaline, etc.) or in the case of ghosts, consciously (sight, sound, etc.). This conclusion can be obtained by observing memory patterns from dreams; only important parts and bits from the dream can be obtained while awake, because your mind makes dreams every day and doesn’t care about the details, sometimes forgetting the dreams altogether. This explains “Residual Hauntings” because they are almost always traumatic events and are played back like video recordings. I do tend to believe that some people are better than others on keying into these past events, but I don’t believe they can do anything to get rid of ghosts.

The next question would be that if this were true, wouldn’t we see cavemen killing animals and long dead people running around the streets? The reason why we do not see this occurring is the same reason why we usually see ghosts in “haunted” buildings or houses. As I said before, the 3rd and 4th dimension is intertwined, therefore matter that exists in the 3rd dimension has to be the same, or close to the same in the past for the link to work.

The ability for a ghost to interact with the 3rd dimension are either random spikes between the 2 dimensions, or repetitive actions by someone that build up enough energy in the past to effect the present, like slamming doors, footsteps, and moving objects. Orbs are not ghosts themselves, they are built up energy that is all around us that I believe gives a boost to the actions and vividness of the ghost. The only part left unexplained in this hypothesis is interaction between a person and a ghost, which I can honestly say I believe to be a product of our imagination.

I havn't really read much on this subject but I have a theory for residual haunting.

I have wondered whether in the same way that music is layed down on a cassette tape that peoples electrical energy is imprinted on the objects in their surroundings. Especially if people have stuck to a routine in their life and lived for a long while in the same building. The earth around the building could also store the persons electrical energy in the case of hauntings in new buildings where often apparitions walk through walls. This may be because a doorway was present in the original building and we are watching a replay of the appararitions previous life. I realise that we dont have a physical method of converting this energy like a tape recorder converts electro magnetism to sound but the brain may have a method of detecting these electrical imprints or at least some people may be more atuned to this kind of phenomenon.

Your 4 dimensional idea could be a theory when it comes to interactive haunting, I am not really aware of this kind of phenomenon.

I believe "ghosts" are just psychological desires blown out of proportion, with anomolies of heat...or whatever they use to detect the entities.

Although, I really don't know much. I just don't believe in ghastly souls what-so-ever. I believe death is the end, bang, that's it. A famous philosopher (whose name I forgot because my memory sucks) described the soul like this:

If they eye was a seperate organism, it's soul would be sight. Because everything this eye does, revolves around sight. To me, that makes more sense than after you die, your soul rises from your body and travels the seas of the fourth dimension. :(

I believe "ghosts" are just psychological desires blown out of proportion, with anomolies of heat...or whatever they use to detect the entities.

Although, I really don't know much. I just don't believe in ghastly souls what-so-ever. I believe death is the end, bang, that's it.

Personnally, I don't believe in souls or such either, and this theory i've created clearly states it has absolutely nothing to do with the living dead. I made this theory to offer an alternative to the usual, because rational people have to deal with evidence (being video, audio tapes, and witness accounts) and decifer what it really is. There have been too many skeptics that have changed their minds after doing thorough investigations, it has to be something, and it has to have a scientific explaination.

You know, there is almost no physical evidence for ball lightning, yet it is generally accepted in the scientific community. I don't see why the ghost phenomena is so very far fetched.

I have wondered whether in the same way that music is layed down on a cassette tape that peoples electrical energy is imprinted on the objects in their surroundings. Especially if people have stuck to a routine in their life and lived for a long while in the same building.

It's called the "Residual Energy Theory". I personally don't believe in it because it still reinforces a theory that we have this supernatural psychic enery that always surrounds us. I can say that there is no way to disprove either this theory or my own, but it's still a good discussion.

it still reinforces a theory that we have this supernatural psychic enery that always surrounds us.

I wasn't referring to psychic energy as such. I was referring to the fact that our nerves and thoughts work on electrical impulses. The fact that we are made of atoms means that our structure is energy based. All humans are surrounded by an aura which can be photographed, this could be an electro magnetic discharge eminating from us and this is what imprints on the surroundings of haunted buildings and causes ghosts.