Science Forums

Tibet

Michaelangelica

Ii don't know if politics can EVER be a science but here goes.

Open slather on Tibet

google will give you plenty of background here is astart

- got ot go now

TIBET

A letter from a Tibetan inside Tibet

ICT[Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:47]

A young, educated Tibetan who returned to eastern Tibet after studying in exile sent the following letter to ICT about the Special Meeting. An English translation from the original Tibetan is provided below. Details of the identity of the writer have been withheld at his request for his safety

"I am a Tibetan who was educated in India as a youngster but who returned to Tibet. I worked for various companies in Tibet, and visited different countries in the West. Tibetans inside Tibet can be quite successful in setting up businesses and finding jobs. This is important because we have to take part in the new economy and in all walks of life, and we have to make ourselves less dependent on the Chinese.

This year our businesses were of course hit hard, as we were affected in all spheres of life by everything that happened since March. The situation inside Tibet is desperate. Even in an anonymous letter I am afraid to fully speak out.

A letter from a Tibetan inside Tibet - www.phayul.com

Tibetans decide to stick to Dalai Lama's "Middle Way"

http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/20081122/736/tnl-tibetans-decide-to-stick-to-dalai-la.htm

Secularism could be our Solution!

By Email[Tuesday, December 02, 2008 17:35]

By Tenzin Nyinjey

Tibetans have always valued education. When Tibet was free, education was imparted mainly in the three great monasteries of Tibet, Sera, Drepung and Ganden. Only when one joined a monastery or a nunnery, could he or she hope to become a person of letters. Scholars and intellectuals were mostly confined to the monasteries, and their writings, as expected, are invariably tinged with religious

Problems lurk beneath China's shiny new surface - Asia - Pacific - International Herald Tribune

Tibetan Democracy and the Special Meeting for the future of Tibet

WorldNews.com,Mon 17 Nov 2008

]Dalai Lama expresses hope of returning to Tibet[/b]

Sun, Nov 23 09:35 PM

Dharamsala, November 23 (ANI): Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Sunday expressed hope of returning to homeland Tibet. He was addressing a news conference at Dharamsala.

Dalai Lama's statement comes a day after a meeting of hundreds of Tibetans this week, to chart a course after eight rounds of official talks. Dalai Lama said he had been in a semi-retired position since the election of Samdong Rinpoche as the Prime Minster-in-exile by the Tibetans.

Dalai Lama expresses hope of returning to Tibet - Yahoo! India News

Problems lurk beneath China's shiny new surface

I think the Dali Lama is Clinically Depressed.

The Dali Lama thinks he has failed, when in fact, it is we who have failed him.

I urge everyone to send him St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) Tea.

The soldiers' herb.

"Do good or at least do no harm"-DL

The Chinese NEED Buddhism. They will not be happy with materialism; (Who is?).

If the Dali Lama does not bring a reconciliation between China and Tibet, the hotheads will take over and blood will flow in the streets.

When i was training dogs, if they bit me I forced my hand back down their throat rather than pulling away. This shocked, scared and surprised the dog and he NEVER bit anyone again.

Very Zen. I know. but perhaps we should all go to the Dali Lama and walk with him back into Tibet. Anyone want to go for a LONG walk?

Anyone got his postal address?

m