Science Forums

Biology/Evolution of Races

JulianKeller

I have heard some interesting things about the diversity of homo sapiens and now I am coming here to ask if any of these things are true.

(please excuse my crude terms..)

Are the chinese the most peaceful of all races? I heard of a study that a blanket was put over different babies of different races faces, the caucasian was quick to cry and the chinese child was silent. Anyone have any reading material on this test, it'd be appreciated.

Do black people have an extra muscle in their leg that other races do not have? If so how did this come to be?

Can Russians really take more pain than other races?

Is it true that people descended from Spain and Native american (Puerto Rican, Mexican) are the most social of all species?

Is it true that people on different continents are evolving differently? If so how? and how is this possible?

Is Weather really the main deciding factor in evolution?

Anyone got reading material on any of the questions I have asked?

Don't post any racist bs, this is purely scientific research an I dont have time nor the energy to tell racists to go suck a cow turd out of its rectum while it's still fresh.

But hey if the Mods/Admins deem this topic "not cool" than I'm gonna say ok. Understood. Do as you will with it. Just know I am coming from a scientific standpoint and it is my curiosity.

I have heard some interesting things about the diversity of homo sapiens and now I am coming here to ask if any of these things are true.

(please excuse my crude terms..)

Are the chinese the most peaceful of all races? I heard of a study that a blanket was put over different babies of different races faces, the caucasian was quick to cry and the chinese child was silent. Anyone have any reading material on this test, it'd be appreciated.

Do black people have an extra muscle in their leg that other races do not have? If so how did this come to be?

Can Russians really take more pain than other races?

Is it true that people descended from Spain and Native american (Puerto Rican, Mexican) are the most social of all species?

Is it true that people on different continents are evolving differently? If so how? and how is this possible?

Is Weather really the main deciding factor in evolution?

Anyone got reading material on any of the questions I have asked?

Don't post any racist bs, this is purely scientific research an I dont have time nor the energy to tell racists to go suck a cow turd out of its rectum while it's still fresh.

But hey if the Mods/Admins deem this topic "not cool" than I'm gonna say ok. Understood. Do as you will with it. Just know I am coming from a scientific standpoint and it is my curiosity.

Classifying humans into races is more of perception of features that are familiar to us , or unfamiliar. Genetically we are all very very similar. Black people do not have an extra muscle in there leg, they are however on average taller and long legged because they originate from a warm climate.

To illuminate this illusion of different race here are a couple of facts discovered though genetic testing of mitochondrial DNA. White people of European descent are merely a hybrid of two more original genetic pools, Africans and Asians. The dark skinned aborigines of Australia are more closely linked to Asians than Africans. They are some African tribes that are more closely related to white Europeans than other African tribes.

The show

The Eyes of Nye starring Science Guy Bill Nye had an episode about race. Genetics, and the specific degree to which we differ was discussed at length. It's fun/easy to watch and very educational, and may answer some of your questions:

YouTube - The Eyes of Nye - Race (Part 1 of 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EyeNi6qsfs

part 2

youtube.com/watch?v=LzGM1nv_oow

part 3

youtube.com/watch?v=aCDcl9s9Vh4

edit- Here is an article by evolutionary biologist Jared Diamond discussing race:

Jared Diamond, "Race without Color," Discover 15 no. 11 (November 1994)

Awesome the thing with Bill Nye really helped and answered all my questions, especially that Founder's Effect thing awesome an answers a lot of my questions on things.

The articles are really helpful too. I liked them and referenced them to a friend of mine who we had a discussion about this whole subject. We found the whole thing very enlightening.