Science Forums

A life changing experience caught on film...

themileafter

Here is a video of a life changing experience caught on camera the other night by us. Obviously, due to editing, there is no way for us to expect zero criticism of the validity of the following video, but you really, really just had to be there. Please watch until the end until you even make up your mind:

YouTube - The Mile After dabbles in Telepathy / Quantum Mechanics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XulpbHvQQE

Nothing to do with QM, physics of mathematics.

The cards were not shuffled, and so all that needed to be done was memorize the order, and recite.

The wireless headphones picked up the mic in the garage (old technology).

It looks like fun entertainment to promote a rock band.

It is anything but a "life changing experience."

"Mind reading telepathy" is nothing more than a strange claim. That is the forum in which it belongs.

Sorry girls; you been had.

:phones: :spin: :beer:

;) :rockon:

:magic: :naughty: :hihi:

:bouquet: :heart: :yay_jump:

If it’s not, as it appears, a party trick, the performers should demonstrate it for the JREF, and win the $US 1,000,000 prize, or any of the smaller and less famous similar prizes.

I am as certain as I’ve been of anything that it is a trick, and wouldn’t work in a controlled test, and pretty confident that everyone in on it knows it’s a trick, and won’t attempt such a test.

How about giving a synopsis of this video, I can't watch it on my computer.
A title screen states that there’s no way to prove the truth behing what you are about to see, but that the makers have nothing to gain by staging it, because “it would require huge amounts of effort, acting lesions, and be an overall waste of time.”

A bit of narration containing the word “paradigm” and “tuned-in”.

The narrator (themileafter, I’m guessing, sporting a nifty, homemade-looking colors on white t-shirt) first looks at and shows a card to a small roomful of people. They then “shout out the number on the card in their minds”. A guy across the room (Jimmy, holding a tall beer glass with a handle) then tells everyone the number. Everybody cheers. It’s repeated several times, with 1, 2 and 3 cards, apparently with no misses.

They then move to a garage, where themileafter and crowd pick a number between 1 and 20, share it to one another with a show of fingers, then shout it in their minds again. Jimmy, now wearing hearing protectors, again gets the number every time. This is repeated several times, some with Jimmy standing outside of the garage.

A testimonial from Jimmy’s girlfriend that Jimmy’s shown no previous skill at card tricks, and more narration about not having anything to gain with the viewer “considering it a possibility”.