Science Forums

Tuition: Necessity or Fashion

Hello to all!:)

One day I was coming to home on auto-rickshaw from school. I found an 8 years old school boy sleeping in it. Fearing his safety, I wake him up and asked him to sleep at home. He replied sleepily that he has no time to sleep and play in home. He has to go for tuition just after lunch and return till it is dark. He has to do tuition homework added to his already heavy school homework.

I often see students going to tuition hurriedly during early morning missing the delights of early morning. Now tuition has become fashion .It is now part of an ideal student life. Earlier it was for only those who were weak in their studies. But now even the intelligent students go to tuition to get an edge in cut–throat competition. Knowing this, school teachers have started taking tuition classes at home also. As a result they get fees from it, besides the salary from the school.

These students have no time for their hobbies. They are often busy studying in tuition during evenings and therefore have no time for play. With less time to relax, they are depressed and exhausted.

But what do you think that all of them study in tuition? Some take it as a pastime. Such students are a burden to their parents.

Studying by teachers in school is enough, if they study and revise at home themselves. Home study develops an important habit of self-learning. It also gives confidence to the learners that they can study alone without anyone’s help. It also saves unnecessary cost of tuition. Hence, I believe that tuition is best for the only those students who take time in understanding lessons. For others, home study is simply best.:shrug: