Science Forums

Thoery of Relativity and God

Deeptha

Hello -

I've always thought God becomes someone you percieve Him to be. A few examples to quote - Lord Rama rescued Sita who believed He is going to be her rescuer , however the same Lord Rama became Ravana's foe and destroyed him. Is this not because Ravana percieved Rama as an enemy as opposed to a loving God?

Likewise, when a person believes there is no God, I am thinking, there absolutely will exist no God for that person !

Please share your views.

Thank you,

Deeptha Echampati

I've always thought God becomes someone you percieve Him to be. A few examples to quote - Lord Rama rescued Sita who believed He is going to be her rescuer , however the same Lord Rama became Ravana's foe and destroyed him. Is this not because Ravana percieved Rama as an enemy as opposed to a loving God? Likewise, when a person believes there is no God, I am thinking, there absolutely will exist no God for that person!

This is an interesting topic, and I hope that you get a good response. However, I would suggest that the subject has absolutely nothing to do with the Theory or Relativity. If you want to find out more about that, I would suggest that you look it up in Wikipedia. If you are not familiar with how to do that, then Google "Wikipedia: Theory of Relativity".

I hope it does not offend you if I also suggest that Sita and Ravana are mythical people. Therefore, how God relates to them is not necessarily indicative of how He relates to real people. But it is a cracking idea!

However, I would suggest that the subject has absolutely nothing to do with the Theory or Relativity.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Nothing, perhaps, to do with Einstein's Theory of Relativity, but everything to do with the relationship between perception and reference point, in this case how the individual perceives God.

I am sure Deeptha, that for those who do believe in a God, then that God will be very real.