Science Forums

Religion 3

I'm a junior in high school and I need help on the church's history. I have to write a story or essay from 33 AD to 326 A.D. about the events that led up to the christianity's foundation. It has to be 2 pages along. Does anybody know anygood websites that could help me? If you say google, I didn't like the info, so i can edit it into my own words instead of plagarize. I really need help. Please help me someone.

Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Britannica are both good online starting places to get an overview of this history. “A story or essay from 33 AD to 326 A.D. about the events that led up to the Christianity's foundation” leaves a huge amount of room for personal imagination and interpretation, so I’d suggest first trying to get a high level understanding of the many different social and political happenings of this period and society, then focusing on a specific piece of it. The experience should prove very educational.

Thanks Craig but I found out that the essay has to consist of these things only:

33 AD: Drass (Death Resurrection Ascension Sent by Spirit)

49 AD Council of Jerusalem

70 AD Christianity illegalized

313 AD Constantine

325 Council of Nicaea

This is what the essay is suppose to have for 2-3 pages.

The thing with Drass I haven't found at wikipedia. I really do need help on that.

33 AD: Drass (Death Resurrection Ascension Sent by Spirit)

The thing with Drass I haven't found at wikipedia. I really do need help on that.

I’ve never before seen the acronym DRASS, nor has the mighty google search engine, so it’s a fair assumption that this is an invention of your textbook author, teacher, or some other not-widely published source. Since you’ll likely find little or no material pertaining to DRASS, you need to research each topic within in separately.

There’s a huge amount of religious literature on the death, resurrection, and ascension (physical “rising” into heaven) of Jesus. Although there’s considerable uncertainty that the Jesus’s execution occurred precisely in 33 CE, there’s fairly wide religious and secular consensus that such an event actually occurred, and that it occurred within a decade of that year.

The phrase “sent by spirit” is likely to be a troublesome one, as it’s ascriptural (not to be found in a canonic bible), vague (who was sent by what spirit where?), and theologically troubled (what the term meant to people of various times, and its validity according to various dogma, is contentious)

In short, I suspect DRASS is a term peculiar to your school and/or class, so your best approach would be to get clarification of it from whoever is using it – your teacher, I guess. You haven’t mentioned what kind of school you’re attending, but from the assignment as you’ve described it, I get the impression it’s a religious one. In such a case, an assignment like this is likely a test of your knowledge of a particular religious dogma, which can be very specific and unique to a given religion, institution, or individual, and learned only from its people of non-widely-published writings.