Science Forums

Ignorance Is The Root Of All Evil

vijun

I'm advocating for a reintroduction of some precision in our terminology in order to make some measurable progress in moving from basic to more complex understanding of one of the world's very oldest of questions. I'm suggesting we get our heads around something workable, rather than wandering among the highest levels of abstraction, where we are at a loss even to comprehend what they have in common.

So, whaddya think?

I'm quoting you again in hopes that everyone reads and pays attention. Even so, I'm guessing that someone will still try to explain their interpretaion of good and evil as abosolutes. Very frustrating.

the problem with the use i the word 'evil' as i have experienced it is that when it is used often the speaker is implying that this is universal law. i have provoked several people when using the word to expand on what they meant by it. for many the word 'evil' seems to be defined as 'an act deemed offensive to the universal consciousness' and not just the same as wrong or bad. but somehow these words all bring to mind in myself the idea of justice. is it spoiled behavior when someone thinks that they deserve something good or bad or that another person does. i have never liked words such as good, bad, right, wrong and evil because i have always assumed the connection to an arrogant claim that justice exists and we all must bow to it (i have assumed though i have yet to be contradicted in my assumtion so i do not believe it to be invalid).

• 4 years later...

Nah!

The mind that made this is evil.

Puzzle Alarm Clock: Have fun waking up! This is the alarm clock that is guaranteed to wake you up, nobody sleeps through this! It wakes you up by firing three puzzle pieces up in the air, and then it is your task to get the pieces and put them back in the alarm clock. It won't turn off until you complete the puzzle.

Puzzle Alarm Clock : oo.com.au

Who do you hate that much? :)