Science Forums

Gas Mixture?

Racerty1

Guest chendoh

Off hand I would not know for sure, but several variables immediatly jump to mind. that would preclude your 'best' scenario.

If, by your handle, you are into racing you should already be aware of them to.

Altitude....Air temp....Humidity..Density of the raw fuel itself, The middle two help in finding a reading called Water Grains?

That when one uses a special Hygrometer-Hydrometer set, a racer can set the best density for the location that they are racing.

I have seen Dragster Teams do it for years, but when you ask them how they do it, they will shutdown faster than a blower explosion.

Secrets you know....:hihi:

Ahhh... The smell and burning sensations of Nitromethane :(

Try a Wiki or goog search

Yes, i know there are several variables to determine this, i.e. air temp, air density, humidity, temperature, gas mixture density etc.

Lets say its at like 500 feet above sea level, humidity is at 30%, its 75 degrees outside. Using standard Premium 93 octane fuel.

Any ideas?

sorry had to go to uni.. got some more work to do on this yet :naughty:

I just read Octane rating and noticed that the 93 is not a percentage of octane present but (for you US citizens) is the anti knock index. So there is no clear way to tell how much octane is in that fuel (and other additives) and so I cannot calculate an exact air/fuel ratio.