Science Forums

Heaven - Share your thoughts

Edwardr

Heaven is this very moment... make it what you want.

It has gotten extremely difficult to communicate, since I decided that words should mean what I want them to. :)

But, hay! it helps to know that "Heaven" really couldn't work!

So you see the afterlife as a ghostly state of bliss as opposed to an eternal version of now, i.e. the resurrection into the "new heaven [sky] and new earth wherein righteousness dwells." (2 Peter 3:13)

• 3 weeks later...
Since there is already such discontent in the relations of various religious followers, I thought it worth while to point out that this particular comment is not (to my perspective) accurate.

A simple search of the Quran for the word "soul" returned 152 hits spread across 54 of it's 114 Suras:

The Koran - Search results for "soul"

Dear friend,

1-İn wrong translations, translator persons using souls a lot. But in arabic original Quran you can't see them.

2-Quran using "Soul" word mean "divine inspiration" and Cebrail(inspiration angel).

According to Quran, we haven't got souls-ghost. We haven't got part of God.

Regards.

It has gotten extremely difficult to communicate, since I decided that words should mean what I want them to. :shrug:

So you see the afterlife as a ghostly state of bliss as opposed to an eternal version of now, i.e. the resurrection into the "new heaven [sky] and new earth wherein righteousness dwells." (2 Peter 3:13)

Oh, I'm glad you have it figured out! You can tell me then if we stop growing older or just grow older and older forever. Do we have the same wife all that time? What about the people who want to committ suicide? Can they? If it is the same, how will we know it is "heaven"?

The old-religion idea of living after dying reminds me of the tribe that believed twins that were born were "birds." They were brought up to believe it, so whenever they saw a twin, they figured he or she was really a bird. They did not look like birds nor talk like them and when they die, they look just like anyone else inside, but that still did not mean they weren't birds to them!:o

There is no Santa Claus and there is no "heaven."

Oh, I'm glad you have it figured out! You can tell me then if we stop growing older or just grow older and older forever. Do we have the same wife all that time? What about the people who want to committ suicide? Can they? If it is the same, how will we know it is "heaven"?

Heaven [heb. shamayim] just means sky. New earth, resurrection, righteousness... totally different concepts. And toward your questions; stop growing older, no, no, and because God will be there. Do you need scriptural references, or are you already familiar with the bible?