#1 alfa015

alfa015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Hi!

If you are interested in exoplanets, you might want to know these little known facts about exoplanets.

Source: https://www.youtube....h?v=In2DjQQ1oyc

1. In our stellar neighborhood there might be around 130 potentially (p.) habitable exoplanets, 10 of them being Earth-like.
  2. The closest p. Earth-like planet is called Tau Ceti e, and it is located only 12 light years away from us.
  3. So far, we have sent a targeted radio message to 2 p. habitable exoplanets, Tau Ceti e and Luyten b. Any reply would be received as of 2037 and 2041, respectively.
  4. Amateur astronomers have discovered 2 p. habitable exoplanets: LHS-1140 b and K2-288 B b.
  5. It is possible to detect exoplanets by using a tele-photo lens with an aperture of less than 50 mm.

Hope you learnt something knew!

#2 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

Hi!

If you are interested in exoplanets, you might want to know these little known facts about exoplanets.

Source: https://www.youtube....h?v=In2DjQQ1oyc

1. In our stellar neighborhood there might be around 130 potentially (p.) habitable exoplanets, 10 of them being Earth-like.
  2. The closest p. Earth-like planet is called Tau Ceti e, and it is located only 12 light years away from us.
  3. So far, we have sent a targeted radio message to 2 p. habitable exoplanets, Tau Ceti e and Luyten b. Any reply would be received as of 2037 and 2041, respectively.
  4. Amateur astronomers have discovered 2 p. habitable exoplanets: LHS-1140 b and K2-288 B b.
  5. It is possible to detect exoplanets by using a tele-photo lens with an aperture of less than 50 mm.

Hope you learnt something knew!

But if I knew it I wouldn't be learning, would I? :)

#3 Kardashev6

Kardashev6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:45 AM

Is Proxima B not earth like? I think we all know it is the closest star system (united with alpha). Is it because Proxima is a red dwarf which somehow precludes Prox B from being considered, "Earthlike"?