Science Forums

What Can We Do For Increase Our Lifespan?

hydrax

Well, I have always had this idea that we could reinsert damaged DNA repair proteins to extend our lifespan as DNA will become less damaged with the proteins intact which DNA mutation seems to cause damage over time as well when we get older, these proteins literally repair DNA damage in the cells which can greatly increase the lifespan and genetic integrity of a multi-cellular organism. Another one is we could reinsert damaged genes into our genome that are damaged by the same mutation over time effect, sometimes damages to proteins of the skin such as melanin production proteins can be vastly detrimental to the health of the skin which those proteins can be reinserted to reverse aging to an extent, literally making wrinkles disappear as melanin production decrease is a primary causer of wrinkled skin. In many ways, if you always replaced genes that were damaged in the cells you could live forever as the proteins would always be correctly synthesized from DNA, if you always kept your genes uncorrupted by mutation you could be 300 years old with the appearance and aging effects of a 20 year old as the proper proteins not being created is a primary contributor to aging when DNA is damaged the body just goes without the proteins that would be created by this DNA, thus if you restore the DNA to working order the proteins that are needed will still be produced making you physically younger still having those proteins being expressed. So basically the key to immortality is just to keep your DNA from being damaged making your body always able to produce the proteins at a rate when you were 20 years old or the proteins of a 20 year old and one would never age. This can be seen in gene therapy when a scientist replaces damaged DNA such as when gene therapy is used to replace Clotting Factors in Hemophilia gene therapy after the instructions have been inserted in the patient's DNA the Patient ceases to be Hemophiliac the same can be done with aging which is caused from DNA damage too, that is one of the reasons I support Anti-aging Genetic Engineering as it is one path to immortality.

The Aging Process Genetically

DNA-damage-aging.gif

Edited by VictorMedvil

From what I've looked it, I'm thinking regress some cells to undifferentiated types, pull out core DNA, print some new DNA with a couple tweaks if the original has bad code, have it spit a couple doze times while keeping it away from typing, then insert back into the body to slowly take over from the old version.

That's if you're looking for "probably possible with current technology" stuff that would make ethics panels drop a couple bricks sideways.

Otherwise, wear a nanometer filter breathing mask at all times, don't smoke, eat healthy foods and take vitamin supplements in a balance diet. Work out a bit, relax a bit.

From what I've looked it, I'm thinking regress some cells to undifferentiated types, pull out core DNA, print some new DNA with a couple tweaks if the original has bad code, have it spit a couple doze times while keeping it away from typing, then insert back into the body to slowly take over from the old version.

That's if you're looking for "probably possible with current technology" stuff that would make ethics panels drop a couple bricks sideways.

Otherwise, wear a nanometer filter breathing mask at all times, don't smoke, eat healthy foods and take vitamin supplements in a balance diet. Work out a bit, relax a bit.

That works too GAHD, that is another method that could be used as Ex Vivo versus In Vivo, which is why I am stoked both methods are being researched, so we gonna be immortal someday.

3-s2-0-B9780123983589000343-f34-01-97801

Edited by VictorMedvil