2 replies to this topic

#1 lemmy

lemmy

Curious

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

so a lot of my friends from university talk about it as it were the new **** for human enhancement. Im talking about the socalled Nootropics which are said to enhance the functioning of the human body in different ways. I did quite a bit of research and all the sites i found clearly state theyre not meant for consumption. So my question is, are there any studies on safety and/or efficinecy of those substances? Also what do all those substances have in common so theyre called Nootropics? Site like this list  many different substances from a lot of different categories - how are they all Nootropics?

And are my friends right in hyping this stuff?

#2 hazelm

hazelm

Explaining

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:11 AM

""I did quite a bit of research and all the sites i found clearly state theyre not meant for consumption. So my question is, are there any studies on safety and/or efficinecy of those substances?""

What more do you need?

#3 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Juicing is juicing. As for weather it lives up to hype, it all depends on if you're willing to experience the side-effects. Most people don't have the discipline to enhance themselves the old fasioned way, so for them it's worth it to get short-term boosts.