My ideas for features I would like in future cars is -
* Intelligent skins : Car fabricated with temperature sensitive nano-fibers, that -
- Change color of the vehicle dynamically
- Regulate inner temperature of the vehicle
- Capture external solar energy to provide energy feedback to the car battery
* Smart rear-view mirrors - that capture snapshots of approaching rear-end vehicles, and provide audio feedback to the driver to alert him, after using the image data to compute approaching vehicle distance and velocity. (advising the change required in cruising velocity).
* Configurable steering : Eliminate the problems caused by right and left hand drive, by providing a configurable steering system, that can be migrated to either system, with minimum effort.
* Battery electrolyte : Using concentrated salt solution (Brine) as a battery electrolyte. This can be easily replenished and is non-toxic.
Do you think these are good ideas ?