One of my favorite characters from history is Hannibal.
Here is my analysis of the Second Punic War -
- It was an inter-continental war (fought in Africa and Europe)
- It used pachyderms (Elephants)
- It crossed obstacles (Alps)
- Hannibal was outnumbered and hence relied on formations to win the victory at Cannae (he could not use brute force)
- His army was multi-ethnic (as opposed to the Great Roman Army)
- He mentored Scipio Africanus who turned out to be his nemesis at the Battle of Zama
Was he not an extraordinary individual ?