Science Forums

Welcome

Welcome to the Computer Programming forum. In here I wil post plenty of tutorials and free script links, but the main purpose is for the forum members who know some of the languages to help teach others. For those wanting to begin to learn computer proramming, I would suggest learning some HTML before anything else. A rather good tutorial I found for it is at:

HTML Tutorial

So give it a visit if you are looking to get started.

As for the rest of you, if you have any questions or coding that needs debugged, post them here and either I or a different member will get back to you.

Alex

Welcome aboard Alex! Glad to have you here and that you could get this started for us. I don't know much computer programming. Used to know a little Visual Basic, even participated in a little VB competition, but don't know how much I remember

/Goes to see if I can still design/build a program

Noah

I have been into web development for 8 yeas now! Seems like so long...

I mostly program in ColdFusion against a Microsoft SQL server (all of Hypography is built that way). I used to build it using ColdFusion Studio, but these days I have converted to Dreamweaver MX 2004, which is a great tool. I still code everything by hand, though. So if anyone have questions regarding CF/SQL I can most likely help.

I tried to learn PHP once but figured out I could do what I needed in ColdFusion so I went and learned Flash instead. I hope to put together some cool Flash stuff for Hypography soon.

I also spent a summer holiday learning ASP and mySQL...and after spending about 3 months building a website for a client I finally managed to "convert" him over to ColdFusion - and rebuilt the site in a weekend.

Anyway, Alex, I am grateful for your initiative and promise to help you out in here!

Tormod

hmmm, Well I can point out a good language and website I myself am still in the process of learning the language.

http://www.python.org

Python is a cross-platform programming language with all the good stuff from Perl, C++, etc... A great function of the language is on the fly Variable creation, for you BASIC programmers that means NO dim statements.

Another grat feature is in how the code compiles; after creating a program to run on windows, the program can be immidiately compiled for linux, Sun, Mac, or whatever other OS you would like.