Science Forums

Time And Space Are Inversely Proportional.

LorrettaOShea

Space and Time are inversely proportional:

At the centre of a black hole there is an infinity (a singularity). However, it is my belief that this infinity does not refer to space and time but only one of these entities.

At the centre of a black hole only time is infinite, hence, there is time dilation which occurs around the event horizon. However, only 0% volume is also at this singularity, hence space is zero.

Therefore, it is my belief that space and time are inversely proportional. Hence, where time is infinite, space will be zero, and where space is infinite, time will be zero.

These two entities both work by, either, ‘The Inverse Square Law’ or by ‘The Inverse Cube Law’. The reasons for positing either are:

Inverse Square Law – because gravity is central to Black Holes existence, and gravity also works by the inverse square law. Also electromagnetism also works by this law and no ‘light’ can escape. Therefore, both of these ‘energies’ are relevant.

Inverse Cube Law – At the ‘heart’ of a black hole is an infinity and this infinity is linked to the escape velocity of a black hole. This escape velocity (which I espoused in an earlier post) is ∞ = MC3. Therefore, this infinity bears an even stronger relationship to space and time.

Please discuss.

Black hole singularities might be a result of pushing the math beyond breaking point. The OP has a few things that are beliefs. 

Nothing is both black and white when referring to holes and universes.

Discussing what dimensions exist inside a black hole in the absence of anything else interesting on the forum, can lead to whole new worlds, perhaps inside and out of blackholes. 

However, what is indisputably stupid, or mad, is :  ∞ = MC3

That was why his last thread ended up in Silly Claims. It seems nothing has changed.  

That is not disputed and is why I made a shameless attempt to try and redirect/hijack the thread and make it into something mildly interesting. There is no clear picture of what goes on inside a blackhole. Numerous theories/speculations exist

True.

However, all these speculations are really outside natural science, being unobservable. Only the effects of mass, charge and angular momentum can be observed from outside one, by the "no hair theorem" :) 

Space and Time are inversely proportional:

At the centre of a black hole there is an infinity (a singularity). However, it is my belief that this infinity does not refer to space and time but only one of these entities.

At the centre of a black hole only time is infinite, hence, there is time dilation which occurs around the event horizon. However, only 0% volume is also at this singularity, hence space is zero.

Therefore, it is my belief that space and time are inversely proportional. Hence, where time is infinite, space will be zero, and where space is infinite, time will be zero.

These two entities both work by, either, ‘The Inverse Square Law’ or by ‘The Inverse Cube Law’. The reasons for positing either are:

Inverse Square Law – because gravity is central to Black Holes existence, and gravity also works by the inverse square law. Also electromagnetism also works by this law and no ‘light’ can escape. Therefore, both of these ‘energies’ are relevant.

Inverse Cube Law – At the ‘heart’ of a black hole is an infinity and this infinity is linked to the escape velocity of a black hole. This escape velocity (which I espoused in an earlier post) is ∞ = MC3. Therefore, this infinity bears an even stronger relationship to space and time.

Please discuss.

Here is my question to you how is a finite number such as MC = ∞  which is a non finite number, in my theory crafting in physics there is always a finite answer for a finite universe, I don't understand how such a smaller number as MCcan be considered infinite. The mass of a black hole is a finite number thus it should not equal a infinite number such as like for Sgr A even a very large black hole in the middle of our galaxy the mass is still (4.31±0.38)×106M , thus despite being large still finite like everything else in the universe, the universe itself does not have infinities just very large numbers disguised as infinities by those that did not understand the true depth of the system. In reality I believe this should equal a Mass Volume / time, it is not necessarily a incorrect equation in that form but in the way you write it, it is wrong. Anyone who has studied science can instantly tell this is wrong in the current form. Infinities are called Anomalies and it is generally bad for a theory to have infinities generally that means that the theory has a mathematical problem such in theories like string theory we tend to see a few infinities or anomalies, but that is not the case here its just you have written it incorrectly. This equation actually states quite the opposite of what you have stated about it that a singularity has a finite time and volume based on MC3.

There is a fringe theory via the Russian physcicist Podolsky that we live inside a higher dimensional blackhole, with collapsed or unfolded dimensions. Sounds a bit like fringing :( on membranes in string theory.  

In Quantum theory physical information is never lost which doesn't agree with general relativity and the no hair theorem, whereby physical information entering a black hole is lost forever. This kind of leaves a information paradox. 

Infinities can be used in the sense of endless space. The visible horizon of the universe is about 46.5 billion light years away https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe It is very likely if we were able to stand on the edge of what is our visible universe, we would see another 46.6billion light years further, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. 

No doubt, no doubt, but I have limited time for speculations that don't lead to any observational predictions. It seems to me it is just metaphysics, rather than science. Each to his own, I suppose.

Edited by exchemist

Dear All,

all your speculations are well considered, I suppose (agreeing with most of you) that what goes on in a BH will never quite be known to us, except of course, mass, charge and angular momentum. Therefore, maybe my earlier post will be inconclusive. However, I have to point out that my earlier equation is wrong. I have reworked it and it now follows: M = ∞c3 . Therefore, the relationship between all the variables are different and lead to very different results. 

Weird how the guys on here have the correct interpretation of infinity yet all accept that Einstein's theory has a gaping, un-normalized infinity right at its center, the gamma function. No scientist in history has normalized it to show how it approaches finite values as v approaches c. Yet they blindly accept this and scoff at others who scoff at Einstein.