Science Forums

khangtn

Hi everyone, 

I normally don't like to do this, but I think this is a special case. I am a huge space enthusiast as well as my Brother Peter. He is currently running a kickstarter campaign for his Ultra Large detailed maps of Mars. It's never quite been done like this, and I hope that helps mainstream the importance of space exploration as we connect people to the solar system right in their living rooms. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/planetaryprinting/mars-ultra-large-maps

Each print is centered on Oxia Palus, one of the 30 quadrangles of Mars referenced by the USGS Astrogeology Research Program. Every map includes an elevation guide, scale bar, and are individually hand-numbered Kickstarter editions (out of 500).

Celebrate the importance of exploration by humans, the progress we've made so far, and the great lengths we have yet to accomplish. Each Mars Map is printed with UV resistant ink on archival grade, matte paper. With proper care, these maps will last long after the first humans set foot on Mars.

Thank you so much for your time, and hopefully your support/share. Here's to the next generation of explorers and scientists. 

Edited by khangtn

Do you have any data of Mars in the Cydonia region 40.89 degrees North, 9.55 degrees West.

This position is about 9.4 km to the NNW of the face (40.74n 9.46w) and 14 km North of the D&M (40.65n 9.55w ).

Google Earth with Mars selected seems to confirm what I think is there but the image is fuzzy and it would be nice to have an enthusiasts opinion.

Also there might be something similar 1 km SE of the 40.89n  9.55w position.

I would also like to know why you selected Oxia Palus (7.9n 18,0w ) because it looks very ordinary on Google Earth - Mars.