Science Forums

How Can The Speed Of Light Be Faster Than Time Itself?

xyz

I don’t believe there’s a well-defined scientific consensus about the origin of the measurement of time. Do you have any links or references supporting your claim :QuestionM

The earliest sundial or shadow clock is reliably dated to about 1500 BC. Some believe that large monuments, obelisks, dating back to 3500 BC were used as sundial gnomons, but this view is contested (sources: Wikipedia article History of timekeeping devices, description of Sarah Symons’ rejection of Borchardt and Bruins’ theories about Egyptian obelisks)

There are many ways to measure durations. Measuring changes in shadows cast by sundials is but one. Not all ways involve measuring lengths. The most common method, by number of devices, is counting the oscillations in the voltage applied to a quartz crystal in the clock signal generating chip of a computer. Arguably the most ancient method is counting your breaths or heartbeats.

:naughty: This discussion is wandering far from the thread’s original question “how can the speed of light be faster than time itself”. That question, I think, is answered simply by pointing out that the question makes an error, comparing a quantity of dimension LT-1 to one of dimension T, as I explained at more length in post #2.

In measuring anything we have to use two points, A and B and the measurement of {A,B} a set , equals a duration of time that we set.    A≡B≡C holds true and A||B ||C holds true.

I only have access to the same knowledge you have on the internet, I think it is pretty factual that to measure we have to use two points and the origin of time was sun dials and likes.  

Yes indeed a person can count their own time accurately. 

I have rewrote my first two states of time that presently science uses. 

State 1 

1-Time is an abstract creation by mankind to synchronise their everyday activities.

1.1- This state of time is originally denoted by the relative movement of the earth’s spin relative to the motion of the sun. We nowadays use clocks to represent the twenty four hours or so of rotation relative to the two bodies, An invention of a measurement that would go on to synchronise our every day activities and to aid in the scaling of space and the measurement of speed and such.  A measurement based on a degree of motion /distance or frequency rate.

1.2-A sun dial works by a degree of movement of the shadow,a clock works by a degree of movement of the fingers, a caesium clock uses a cycle rate

1.3-  This abstract  time = distance/motion/frequency, this is presently how we record and measure time. 

1.4 -point values of {A,B} where A≡B holds true and A||B holds true and A≡B≡C holds true and A||B ||C holds true.

state 2

2-Time is virtual representation of the dimension of the whole of space and virtual vectors of space.(Minkowskis space-time)

2.1– This state of time is a virtual representation of estimation, I.e we can calculate a journey of one mile will take one hour to travel at a  constant speed of  1 mph.   Minkowskis created space-time , virtual representations of dimensions of space to represent virtual journey paths through space that have not yet taken place.

2.2-Space-time existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence, a virtual representation of vectors existing only in the imagination of the observer to represent spacial distance and the path that a moving object follows through space as a function of time synchronised to the observers relationship or expression involving one or more variables.

2.3-Four dimensions of X,Y and Z and a time linearity, interwoven into a single manifold to virtually represent how long a spacial journey would take an observer to travel or to calculate an objects velocity and as likewise,  a three point geometric synchronisation using time to denote four-dimensional Minkowski space-time, ''a fundamental concept of the human mind structure human experience(Immanuel Kant)''.  Immanuel Kant also believed that time was neither an event or a thing and in-itself unmeasurable.  

2.4-In agreement with Kant, I believe time in space or of space can not exist and is unaccountable in any other sense than abstract and of the human imagination. In the representation of a void, the quantity of time becomes unmeasurable because there is no point to point values of {A,B} where A≡B holds true and A||B holds true.

And the maths for my 3rd state which I have not written in great detail yet. 

t3=σ²/g

It is very simple that time has no set rate so therefore can not accurately be measured to A=B

Edited by xyz

https://wordpress.com/read/post/feed/19049337/861833419

Many years have passed, and many great minds have considered time and the meaning of time and shared their thoughts.

humans_series_intertitle.png?w=300

Humans , the very need for time, the very thought of time, something we look for outside of ourselves in hope.

In considering  state one and state two of time, then in a sense of realising the actual specifics of the abstract states, I then considered what real time/absolute time is, and turned my attention towards the Caesium atom and the frequency rate.   Although the rate of the Caesium atom was defined to equal an old second denoted by a degree of motion, I could see some significance in time dilation/gravitational time dilation, that gave me a line of enquiries and queries to follow.  The present measurement of time and consideration for time is Minkowski space-time, a belief that time is independent of the observer, a belief that the measuring device of time is measuring a time outside of ourselves, which lead me to having an interesting thought of the movement of a clock finger.  Whilst observing a  degree of movement of a clock finger, respectively measuring an increment of degree equal to an increment of time, what really am I observing?, Am I observing the clock recording its own time?  Am I observing the clock recording an independent time?   or am I really observing my own time observing the clock?

Well it just so happens, at a ground state in a stationary initial reference frame, I am observing my time , the clocks time, and a said independent time all in a moment that is an equal rate. (A) the clock finger , ( :cool: myself and © a said independent time , A||B ||C, which means (A) is parallel to ( :cool: and parallel to ©.  I then considered would anything change if I placed an Atomic clock/Caesium atom, in my room, with myself, the clock, and the independent time.   9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation at ground state was equal to one second of my clock at ground state, so I observed my clock, myself, the said independent time, and imagined the Caesium atom clock (D).  I observed all the clocks were travelling parallel in synchronised time  A||B ||C||D at ground state.   This was an interesting thought but did still  not give me the answer to what real time/absolute time was.

In consideration of this , the path of investigation lead me to consider time dilation/gravitational time dilation.

''The Hafele–Keating experiment was a test of the theory of relativity. In October 1971, Joseph C. Hafele, a physicist, and Richard E. Keating, an astronomer, took four cesium-beam atomic clocks aboard commercial airliners. They flew twice around the world, first eastward, then westward, and compared the clocks against others that remained at the United States Naval Observatory. When reunited, the three sets of clocks were found to disagree with one another, and their differences were consistent with the predictions of special and general relativity.''

''According to special relativitythe rate of a clock is greatest according to an observer who is at rest with respect to the clock. In a frame of reference in which the clock is not at rest, the clock runs more slowly, as expressed by the Lorentz factor. This effect, called time dilation,''

According to time dilation and relativity , the basics are that  time slows down when things are moving in comparison to an observer at rest at ground state .  This was evidentially shown to be true by the Caesium atoms  9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation at ground state that was equal to one second, changing , producing a different rate  when in motion showing time slowed down by relative motion compared to a ground state rest mass. Of cause if one knows time can change, then one can also presume time travel is possible and likes.   Evidentially all must be known about time and Minkowski space-time and relativity must be correct.   That would be an assumption someone who was not curious would make and settle to be the answer.

The rate of a clock is greatest according to an observer who is at rest with respect to the clock, in considering this, something is just not quite right, I am at rest relative to my clock that is at rest, I already know that A||B ||C||D at ground state, so now I am going to consider (E) an atomic clock/caesium clock in motion in respect to the ground state of myself, my clock, my imaginary Caesium clock, and the said independent time.  {A||B ||C||D } E  which means E is not parallel to  A,B,C.D  and is independent of A,B,C,D.

According to Minkowski and Einstein, time is independent of matter and exists independently as a space-time,  but my simple thought experiment shows the atomic clock/Caesium atom is independent from the ground state times and space-time.  The effect of time rate slowing down  in this instance was only experienced dependently by the Clock in motion independent of any other mass or space.

This then leads me to what time actually is.

3-Absolute Time is the dependent rate of decay of independent physical bodies/particles. (such as the Caesium atom) 

3.1- This state of time is all of concrete existence, a rate that remains constant if the observer remains stationary at a ground state in an initial reference frame and a constant of gravitational influence.  Motion stretches this time, a change in rate of time by displacement of the gravitational force constant having effect on frequency rate.

Principle rule 1 – All independent observers of time, independently occupy their own time frame.

Principle rule 2- State 1 and state 2 are dependent for all observers, where as state 3 is independent for all observers.

Edited by xyz