Science Forums

Astrology, Horus, Jesus (The truth about the bible)

Queso

Ladies and gentlemen, before this thread begins I would like to state that the text below is my interpretation of a documentary (Source= zeitgeistmovie.com/)

I mostly just copied down the movie into text for you guys to read, because I know a lot of you won't take the time to watch of it.

It explains how the bible, and numerous other "sun gods" harmonize with astrology. Very cool. Enjoy:

The Cross of the Zodiac is one of the oldest symbols in human history.

It reflects the suns journey through the 12 major constellations over the course of a year.

It also reflects the seasons, equinoxes and 12 months of the year.

The sun, being the giver of life and warmth, was and is referred to as "god's son" "the light of the world"

The zodiac symbols represent elements in nature that occur around that time.

For example, aquarius, the water bearer, who brings the spring rains.

Horus is the sun god of egypt.

Horus was born on December 25th

Horus was also born of a virgin.

In the story of Horus, he was born of the star in the east,

and was adorned by three kings.

Horus was a teacher at 12 years old

and was baptized when he was 30, to begin his ministry.

Horus had 12 disciples who he travelled about with healing the sick, and walking on water.

He was called the lamb of god, the good shepard, yaddda yadda

Horus was also crucified, buried for Three Days

and then Ressurected.

Does this ring a bell?

All throughout history there have been myths of gods with these same archetypal attributes.

For instance:

Attis of (frigia?) Greece

Krishna of India

Dionysus (Greece)

Mithra of Persia

All over the world, in different periods of time, there are stories of gods or people, myths of "god's son, the light of the world"

who all shared these same archetypes.

And who could forget Jesus Christ!?

WHY THESE ATTRIBUTES?

Why the virgin birth on decempber 25th?

Why dead for 3 days and the ressurection?

Why 12 disciples ? (All of these saviors harmonize with these attributes)

I'll explain.

On December 24th the star of the east (brightest star in the sky known as Sirius) aligns with Orions belt, three bright stars that go by the name of the Three Kings. (Also called that in ancient times)

This alignment points to the place of the sunrise on December 25th.

This is why the three kings follow the star in the east.

The virgin mary is known as the constellation Virgo, which translates to virgin in latin.

Virgo is also known as the house of bread.

This is the time of harvest in august and september.

Bethleham literally translates to house of bread.

Bethleham is obviously a reference to Virgo

A place in the sky

not on Earth. (Sorry! :eek_big: )

Approaching the winter solstice the sun appears to lower itself into the sky, making days shorter, the crops freeze, etc.

To the ancients, it symbolized the death of the Sun.

The sun makes it to it's lowest point in the sky on December 22.

Something curious happens here for three days:

The sun stops moving south (at least perceivably)

If you look at the constellations, the Crux or southern cross is right above the sun at this point in time.

On december 25th, the sun moves one degree north

forshadowing longer days, warmth, and spring.

Thus it was said:

The son died on the cross, was set for three days, and was ressurected.

This is why Jesus and numerous other sun gods share the attributes and archetypes I listed earlier.

:mademyday:

Why isn't the ressurection celebrated until Easter? The spring equinox?

At this point in time, the light officially overpowers the darkness and days become lighter longer.

Look at Jesus' 12 disciples.

They are poetic references to the constellations which Jesus, being the sun, travels about with.

The bible has more to do with astrology than anything else.

The cross has nothing to do with Christianity.

The cross with a circle is simply the inside of the Zodiac, being pagan.

(You can see it behind Jesus's head in early occult art)

As long as I am in the world

I am the light of the world

Let us cast off the works of darkness

and let's out on an armor of light

They shall see the son coming in the clouds

One of the most important metaphors in the bible has to do with the "Ages"

Throughout the scripture there are numerous referenes to the "age"

Approximately every 2150 years the sunrise of the morning of the spring equinox would occur at a different sign on the zodiac.

(This has to do with the slow angular wobble that the Earth maintains as it rotates on its axis)

This is called a Precession because the signs go backwards, rather than forwards in the yearly cycle.

The ammount of time it takes to go through all 12 signs in this precession is roughly 25,765 years.

This is also called The Great Year.

The ancients were well aware of this (Mayan, Egyption etc)

And referred to the 2150 years cycle as an "Age"

From 4300BC - 2150BC It was the age of Taurus, the Bull.

From 2150BC - 1AD it was the age of Aries, the Ram.

From 1 to 2150AD it is the age of pisces (represented as the two fish)

In and around 2150 we, or, they will enter a new age. The age of Aquarius.

In the story of moses, when he comes down with his tablets from the mountain he is saddened to see his people worshipping a golden bull calf.

He shatters his scriptures and orders his people to all kill each other in order to be cleansed.

Here, moses is the metaphoric representation of Aries. Leaving the age of Taurus. This is why Jews even today still blow the rams horn.

Mithra is also shown killing a bull in the same symbology.

Jesus is the metaphoric martyr who ushers in the age or Pisces.

According to the bible, Jesus fed 5,000 people with Bread, and two fish :eek_big:

(Ever see those Jesus fish things on the back of peoples' cars...?)

That symbol is a pagan astronomical representation of the sun passing through the age of Pisces.

Also, Jesus's assumed birthdate is the beginning of this age. Amazing, eh?

At Luke 22:10 when Jesus is asked by his disciples "where the next passover will be when he's gone"?

The bible quotes:

Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there a man shall meet you bearing a pitcher of water...

follow him into the house where he entereth in

This scripture is by far one of the most revealing of all the astronomical references.

The man bearing the pitcher of water is Aquarius, the water bearer, who is always pictured as a man pouring out water.

He represents the age after Picses, beginning around 2150AD

I will be with you even to the end of the world

That's the old testament. In the new testament they replace the word World with Aeon, which literally means Age.

I know it's a long post...

but no one else thinks this is cool??

All my life I'd flip through the bible and read all those passages and just wonder...

wtf...

Now this just shows it's a metaphoric representation of the cosmos.

If anyone reads it, please post your opinion. Gracias

I read most of it, and it is interesting.

It doesn't prove any divine things as I see it (and it wasn't mean to ?). This means religions have some basis of reality, because they're based of the real physical universe ! :magic:

I love storeys that look like they've arbitrary parts to them, but really fit in with a grander picture. So. . .interesting. That's what this is mostly. Almost makes the history of religions interesting (besides the wars fought over petty topics, how can those be boring ? And the hunts and murders of people because they're witches... And the our-religion-is-right and if-you're-not-one-of-us-you're-an-infidel...)... But, more interesting than all that. :dust:

If you mean divine as the "informal, dated" definition (excellent, delightful), I agree. :turtle:

It is amazing, with how it's all based off a common factor (stars, I guess), and how people try to make it their own, thus changing ideas or storeys and copying others, but they never start off with a new, unfamiliar god, and that's why they're all similar in ways...

Hopefully it's not a neverending cycle. :clue:

(What exactly does your signature mean ? It looks to me to relate to computer programming logic or some other different reasoning, and I don't get it. :) )

For quite some time now, I've been convinced that religion is just one of the ways for humans to create somethg like order in their world. And organized religion with priests and "holy days" were useful as they helped to create a callender, by which after changing from hunters-gatherers into settled aggriculturers, they had something to know when to sow or plant, when to harvest...

Hence, probably, the importance of astrology in the ancient world.

But if you state - or your source states -

On December 24th the star of the east (brightest star in the sky known as Sirius) aligns with Orions belt, three bright stars that go by the name of the Three Kings. (Also called that in ancient times)

This alignment points to the place of the sunrise on December 25th.

This is why the three kings follow the star in the east.

you fourget that Sirius and Orion's belt are ALWAYS aligned, and the only thing "remarkable" is that around december 24th the alignement points to the place of the sunrise. But - if my memory does not fail me in this - this has not always been the case, due to the precession of the Earth's axis. (see Precession (astronomy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Frankly, I have the impression that this is again one of those publications that prefer to ignore facts or data that don't fit easily in the theory.

And if you try to prove too much, you fail to prove anything.

you fourget that Sirius and Orion's belt are ALWAYS aligned, and the only thing "remarkable" is that around december 24th the alignement points to the place of the sunrise. But - if my memory does not fail me in this - this has not always been the case, due to the precession of the Earth's axis. (see Precession (astronomy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Oops. The source does talk about this, I just forgot to type it.

Yes they're always aligned, and yes on that date it points toward the sunrise (where the Son of God is born, supposedly, in the story of the Cosmos)

I'm not trying to prove anything, I just thought this harmonization was awesome.

As for the word "neuromancer"

Listen to the album Deltron 3030 (It's about a rapper from 3030AD who comes back in time to deliver his music to...us. Cool concept)

He uses a lot of funky futuristic words, and one that I really dig is Neuromancer because think about the word Necromancer.

Doesn't that mean to bring back from the dead?

I feel like sometimes I spark peoples neural networks with my abstractions, thus embodying a neuromancer from time to time.

Just yesterday I googled the term neuromancer and found out something funny:

It's a book.

Neuromancer tells the story of Case, an out-of-work computer hacker hired by an unknown patron to participate in a seemingly impossible crime. The novel examines the concepts of artificial intelligence, virtual reality, genetic engineering, multinational corporations overpowering the traditional nation-state and cyberspace long before these ideas became fashionable in popular culture including the internet itself.

Gibson also explores the dehumanizing effects of a world dominated by ubiquitous and cheap technology, writing of a future where violence and the free market are the only things upon which one may rely, and in which the dystopian elements of society are counterbalanced by an energy and diversity that is perversely attractive.

Carry on.:)