Science Forums

Unjust

rocket art

A few hours ago, there was request for me to clarify some things on the

thread. By the time I took the effort of explaining things, the post grew too long and I decided to edit and cut it into simple sentences. However, I mistakenly clicked the 'post quick reply' instead of the 'go advanced' button while doing it.

I decided to re-edit it again to accomodate the request but it took only just seconds or a minute and my points were suddenly deducted. I find this unjust considering the effort I tried to do to clarify my new ideas. The abrupt decision took just some seconds without even considering my side and the story behind it.

My ideas are new, so I don't mind much in gaining rep points, and I intend not to succumb to compromise, as long as I remain consistent with the views I express. But having to get a few rep points even with my new philosphical ideas was interesting enough, until it was abrubtly taken away merely due to an unintentional push of a mistaken button, just like that. I feel it is unjust, but there was just a mistake of clicking buttons. I hope this will be clarified and addresed.

It was just a click button mistake, and was probably misunderstood.

Your interpretation of the reason for the negative rep, that you were editting a post and mistakenly submitted it prior to completion, may have no bearing at all on the reason the negrep was assigned. Mistakes do happen, but the rep system can be used as deemed appropriate by each member.

More information can be found in the following threads:

http://hypography.com/forums/tutorials-how-tos/7215-reputation.html

Don't worry rocket art, I don't think the two events are linked. It's perfectly fine to make mistakes and it's also okay to ask what's happened.

The best way to avoid negative reputation is to give good reputation to others when deserved, and behave in a way that makes other give you positive rep.