Science Forums

A war China vs. U.S-who will win?

gribbon

Try starting a new "argument", errrrr discussion here. Why would you link old posts from a place and other people we don't know?

State your case, and maybe someone will listen... ;)

That's not nice....you must understand though, why I don't want to write all that out again...didn't you look at the link?

I don't fancy writing out about 30 sheets of A4 again? Would you?

That's not nice....you must understand though, why I don't want to write all that out again...didn't you look at the link?

I don't fancy writing out about 30 sheets of A4 again? Would you?

...and we don't fancy looking somewhere else for your post!

Come on - I find the question in the thread title fascinating, give us some of your thoughts and let's have at it!

...but please, if you paste 30-odd pages here, don't expect too much participation; keep it short and sweet. ;)

The U.S.

An army travels on it's stomach, and we've got the most arable land which is ready to go.

TFS

True, true - but then China don't have Public Opinion to worry about, and can divert food to the army whilst the public starve.

And they've got cannon fodder. Millions of 'em...

Uh, there's that big pond to worry about. Lao Tzu would want to know what the heck kind of tactics would be used.

Nuke war? Can you imagine what would happen if they didn't have anyone to sell all those pirated DVDs to anymore?

Why the heck would there be a war anyway?

Why are pistachios green,

Buffy

This is actually a very interesting topic!

The reason for it, I guess, would be resources. China is slowly growing into the gap left by the USSR, with a growing demand for oil. And because of the nuclear scenario, I suppose any war between the US and China would be fought by proxy, much like the States and Russia banging heads in Vietnam, Angola, etc., without it ever growing to the scale of nukes flying around.

So, I guess if any wars are to be fought, it'll be where the resources are. I doubt that the US will actually invade China, or China cross the pond.

But then it could be economic, as well. As much as China is dependent on the US for purchasing its merchandise, the US is terminally dependent on China keeping on buying US debt through Treasury Bonds. They are in a deadly embrace, and the welfare of the one is critical to the welfare of the other. Unless China can find another same-sized market for its products. In which case they can simply stop buying US debt, and the dollar will plummet. I think as it is now, they are walking a very fine line indeed, and the one can't antagonize the other without causing serious damage both ways.

Is there ever really a winner in war?
Hopefully there are survivors that learn the right lessons from the experience....

By the way, on this line of thought, the History Channel has been running an episode this week of Time Machine that is all about Reconstruction after the Civil War: really gets across how damaging that little piece of history was to the US....

Give Survival a Chance,

Buffy

I would have to say there would be no clear winner. My logic is as follows. In Iraq, where America has vast material and technical superiority, too many liberal Americans have sabbotaged the will to win this relatively easy war (by comparison with Chine). As such, if we fought China, beginning with an old time spirit of war, we would win all the early rounds. But as the war nears completeness, the liberals will work hard to sabbotage the will to win. The Chinese have ton's of people and would save face by keep the war going for decades, against the shark turned into a jelly fish. They would pick off the jelly fish, with the media counting the American loses, never admitting they helped put their army into this position of vulnerbility, so they can make ratings.

Wait a second. If its liberals that stop countries for waging wars, and China's a Communist country, which means that they have more liberals than we do, don'tcha' think their liberals would out-surrender-monkey us?

Can you think of a war that lasted "decades" in the last 400 years? Why do you think it would last that long? I mean, Dubya'd prolly nuke 'em, liberals be damned. He said himself he doesn't care about polls.

Press the button before they do,

Buffy

The Chinese are Communists but they also have the fortitude of the Ninja. If they were at war, they would give it their all, because it would be in the best interest of the commune. The length of the war would depend on were the battles were fought. If it was in a third country, it would be quicker to the 15th round. If it was in the China homeland, they would not give up until the land was restored via the jellyfish by sent to its room by the liberals cutting off funding.

This is all hypothetical. I don't think either country is imperialistic. They both wish the best for their own people and will continue to live as neighbors. The battlefield will be peaceful using economics. This war will make the allocation of resources even more efficient, worldwide.

Why are pistachios green,

Buffy

Japan, U.S. mull plan for Taiwan crisis

Japan and the United States are considering a plan to coordinate the actions of their armed forces in the event China invades Taiwan. Under the plan, Japan would focus on rear-area support for U.S. forces, according to Japanese and U.S. government sources.

[MORE] ->

Japan, U.S. mull plan for Taiwan crisis | The Japan Times Online

Why are pistachios green?