Science Forums

Bittorent

TINNY

I can't get my Azureus Bittorrent CLient to work. SOmething wrong with the 6881 port. Must've been blocked. Should I change the port or something?

you should try just adjusting your port to something esle, the port is blocked due to excessive use and its a security vulnerability having an open port..

try 9 consecutives in the 3000 range

also try abc instead of azureus. though azureus is the ferrari of clients its very resource intensive vs something slim like abc.

abc doesn't do anything at all on my PC. rather strange.

actually all p2p's don't work on my network. i tried it all: kazaa, morpheus, emule, winmX, bittorent, warezp2p, imesh ....

but why? i'm desperate. i'm trying to download all those interesting files from Suprnova while i'm having a computer for myself with broadband here at this office. when the school starts, i'll be back to the snail-paced old library computers again...

A program that I use for downloading Torrets (other then BitTorrent), is called Shareaza.

http://www.shareaza.com

I found that in the settings you can change the incoming port which you use to connect to their servers. That port can also be randomly selected if you wish to play a game of Roulettes.

Another suggestion would be to use the common ports, like 21 (FTP port), 80 (Browser Port), 6667-7000 (IRC ports).

Hope this helps your plight.