Science Forums

How to treat the mentally special.

ryan2006

im scizo and i kinda like it.how many of you can say they have been aboard an alien spacecraft?

All of us can say it, that is, of course, unless we have speech problems, or perhaps issues with our voicebox, or even if we're mute... :)

A better question is, can any one person say such a thing and have it be a valid and accurate comment? :hihi:

can any one person say such a thing and have it be a valid and accurate comment? :hihi:

Freedom of Speech.. states.. we all have the freedom to an opinion.. in other words to say something and have it be validated.. regardless of its truth..

Anything that is said by one person.. is valid for that one person.. regardless of the accuracy.. its what one person may assume to be true..

However that which is valid for that one person.. may not be valid for another person.. does that make sense..??

Ashley

Anything that is said by one person.. is valid for that one person.. regardless of the accuracy.. its what one person may assume to be true..

...does that make sense..??

It's not really valid. ;)

I could say that I prefer electroshock therapy to fellatio, and my saying it wouldn't make it valid. :)

However, I do agree with the idea beneath your comment that often what is truth to one is nonsense to another. :hihi:

I could say that I prefer electroshock therapy to fellatio, and my saying it wouldn't make it valid. :hihi:

Have you ever tried fellatio with a vibrator.. hehe its kinda like an electric shock.. and I have tried it.. :) so I can actually validate this statement with my own experience.. regardless of whether it is true for you.. or not..

In having said this.. thank you IN.. for your input.. I wondered about the validity of my reply as I was typing..

Ashley ..

oh,no.this goes deeper than just seeming spaced out.being schizo is a fulltime commitment.my brain is actually pattered and wired differently than yours.and when i say i was aboard an alien spacecraft i really meant "caught in some type a alien transmission beacon" that was more like a cross between an alien ship,a cathedral,and a disco.but,hey,im not hurting anybody.

post-5660-128210095299_thumb.jpg

oh,no.this goes deeper than just seeming spaced out.being schizo is a fulltime commitment.my brain is actually pattered and wired differently than yours.and when i say i was aboard an alien spacecraft i really meant "caught in some type a alien transmission beacon" that was more like a cross between an alien ship,a cathedral,and a disco.but,hey,im not hurting anybody.

Why don't you make a separate thread so you can go further into detail on these "experiences". I'm sure some here would love to see if you can show some validity to your claims. :hihi:

If you read the writings of Carl Jung, he talks about the archetypes of the collective unconscious. In modern terms, the archetypes are sort of like software shells for human nature. These are empty at birth but fill with experience, but along the lines of collective human nature. A parent can share similar experiences, at the age level of their chilldren, because their software was built in a very similar way (only the data is unique) but the trials and tribulation were the same.

Normally the software run in the background, unconsious in most people. It motivates the stages of life, etc. Some people are wired a little different and are made much more conscious of the activity of the software. Let me give an example, say one was infatuated, what it actually happening is a blend of conscious and unconscious affects. Part of the data is coming from the reality person and part is projected from the imaginaion by the software, to gain data. Most people assume what they are seeing and experiencing is attrbuted to that person, even when their fantasy may take a wide turn (images of wedding bells). Someone more conscious of the software sees the projection affect more distinct from the reality data.

A good analogy is a child riding a bike with the parent holding it for stability. The ego-centric child may think I am riding the bike by itself. The parent may even reinforce this illusion for the child's self confidence. Someone more conscious of the software, it more aware of the parent holding the bike. At one level, this child is more in touch with the reality of projeciton, but knowing the parent is there can be very distracting and can make it tough to know what role one is playing riding the bike.

Most people are focused in the present with bits and pieces of data filtering to the surface from the software, that they will atrribute to their own witt or creativity. People with more consciousness of the software, have more than a trickle from the software coming into consciousness. It can be a fountain, with so much internal data coming into focus, it can take over much of their attention. This makes it difficult to focus along the lines of the realities of culture. For example, depression splits up the focus of consciousness, making it harder to cope in reality, since one is only running at half steam in reality.

The way I see it, the mentally special offer a unique consciousness for mapping out the personality software. Most psychology works at the building the barrier to keep people unconscious of their inner workings, unless it is determental. Good compulsion is left alone. This approach is better for the focused needs of hard reality. But exploring the unconscious mind is one of those final frontiers that still needs exploring, i.e., address the good and bad compulsions from the software. There are many people with the natural skills needed to make this possible. If fact this frontier is their natural environment were there natural skills are strongest.

Just as it is hard for the mentally special to cope in normal reality, it would be just as hard for the socially normal to cope at the type of frontier areas of the unconscious mind needed to map the personality software. If such exploration made a normal person unstable, it may be all over for them. Someone more used to a heavy unconsious fountain, could cope much easier and could keep going to the next waterfall.

The way I see it, the mentally special offer a unique consciousness for mapping out the personality software.

Are you suggesting that these "mentally special" people have been given a round hole, and that they are simply the "explorers" who try to hammer through a square peg?

Or, to follow your example more closely, they are trying to submit a powerpoint document using the Excel functionality?