Science Forums

LED temperature dependance

Becca

i need to do an experiment into how current through an LED is affected by the temperature and im not allowed to start untill i actually have an equation to test. are there and sites out there that are not readily available on google, which i could further my research using? please help.

Great. In that case, I'm going to show no mercy :eek:. If my memory is right, an LED is just a diode. And a diode comes from semi conductor physics. So you need to find a book on Solid State / condensed matter physics and you should have more than enough equations to test.

And it gets complicated. Temperature dependance of resistance in semi conductors, if I remember, depends on a combination of a number of temperature varying factors.

I just went to get my physics books from a few years ago. Alas I cannot find them.

You want to look up p and n type semiconductors and that discussion should lead to the temperature dependance of diodes.

Check out this link I found.

Semiconductor Physics for Solid State Electronics